How Do I Find The Motivation To Make My Ideas A Reality?

Hey there. I have a major problem that I have been struggling with for a long time. I have a ton of ambitions and creative ideas but I continuously just sit on them. Does anybody else have this problem? Where they just have practically zero motivation to actually start or finish any sort of goal or creative project? It's very frustrating and I have no idea what to do about this issue, It has become crippling. I'm a person that strongly believes in "mind over matter", but damn my brain is really b**ting me with this issue. I would like to hear if others have similar struggles and if you do what advice you have... Thanks. 

• Star 1

1 hour ago, Squeebles said:

Hey there. I have a major problem that I have been struggling with for a long time. I have a ton of ambitions and creative ideas but I continuously just sit on them. Does anybody else have this problem? Where they just have practically zero motivation to actually start or finish any sort of goal or creative project? It's very frustrating and I have no idea what to do about this issue, It has become crippling. I'm a person that strongly believes in "mind over matter", but damn my brain is really b**ting me with this issue. I would like to hear if others have similar struggles and if you do what advice you have... Thanks. 

Oh definitely.  I start a lot of projects I don't finish. My problem is distraction. I'm always bouncing around with different things. So if you can, eliminate those distractions, breathe and focus on that one thing. One thing at a time. (Which I struggle with because I'm all over the place) I have a friend who encourages me and checks up on some things that I do, because they're interested in reading the stories I write. So it always helps to find someone who will kind of check in with you. So I always feel like there's a time limit for whatever I really put my mind to. I don't like it sometimes, because I feel a little pressure...but it gives me a push. It's always that "Focus on the one thing you want to complete and go from there." List your ideas off from importance and focus on one at a time? Don't sell yourself short. 🌟 remember that there are people who want to view what you can offer, and that's pretty cool to think about. Find inspiration from others too! Seeing others do their thing, can be motivational.

Don't give up ❤ you'll get there!

• Heart 2

I think at some point you just have to accept yourself for who you are... haha... like... can't blame yourself forever for being the type to never get stuff done.

If you don't do it, maybe that's just who you are. A don't do'er.

But if that freaks you out, and motivates you to finally do it, cool, maybe you're not a don't do'er.

Either way, figure yourself out. Dig in, and say who you are.