Gift giving to friends & fam

Posted (edited)

I think of what I think they would want or what they’re into.. like if they like Star Wars for example, I’d give them som*thing Star Wars related. Some people are harder to shop for than others.

Edited by paperandsky
  • Star 1

4 minutes ago, paperandsky said:

I think of what I think they would want or what they’re into.. like if they like Star Wars for example, I’d give them som*thing Star Wars related. Some people are harder to shop for than others.

I know right? I try really hard to think about their personalities & interests too. But there are just some people who have it all or it's like...a very hard puzzle to solve 😂

• Heart 1

Just now, k*itlind said:

I don't think I'm very good at picking gifts because I'm never sure what anyone would want or like, but I try my best. I always buy nice birthday cards though.

I feel like cards are the icing on the cake to some people. Some people keep them. I actually have a collection of cards I've kept from my birthdays. I find it sweet when they write som*thing funny or nice... plus from those who passed on, it's just really special. 🦋

• Heart 1

• Mod
2 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

I feel like cards are the icing on the cake to some people. Some people keep them. I actually have a collection of cards I've kept from my birthdays. I find it sweet when they write som*thing funny or nice... plus from those who passed on, it's just really special. 🦋

Yeah I have a collection of cards too that go back years ago. I would feel bad throwing them away. Plus I want to keep them because they're special to me too.

• Star 1

6 hours ago, k*itlind said:

I don't think I'm very good at picking gifts because I'm never sure what anyone would want or like, but I try my best. I always buy nice birthday cards though.

That's my same issue. I never get my siblings anything because my brother has everything and my sister is complicated. I don't have a good relationship with either of them. I randomly get my mom perfume and soaps or a gift card. I never get my step father anything. 

I do however buy my k***s toys and clothes. My son is into lego's and action figures. I may get him a PS4 game he wants. My daughter likes make up, clothes, posters, and shows. She's getting harder to shop for. So I've had to turn to my girlfriend for help. 

My girlfriend is bis exual. We got together a few days before Christmas. Her birthday came up in late January. Her birthday is on January the 16th. She turned 23. So on her birthday. I took her to a strip club because she really wanted to go. I paid for her to have a lap dance from this girl she really really liked. I paid for her to have 2 lap dances. Then she wanted us to have a threesome with the stripper. That obviously didn't happen. Then she got drunk and threw up most of the night before passing out. The next day she was hung over. I took her shopping and bought her two shirts and paid for all of our dates as I usually did. I didn't invest as much because I didn't know how long we were going to be together. But I also didn't want to low ball her on her birthday. 

When we were in Vegas. I did buy her a 470 dollar white gold necklace that had a pearl. I bought it for her at a Hawaiian j**elry store. I thought it'd be a nice gift for her.  She was very happy. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

I love giving gifts, and if I know a person well enough, then I prefer to give personalized gifts. I h**e giving gift cards just because it seems so impersonal. I am forced to give them though to some people when they say that's what they would prefer. But I still don't like it.

Buying gifts for people can be difficult. My parents are impossible to shop for. They already have everything they want. If I can't think of som*thing on my own, I usually just ask them to give me a list of ideas so that my choice from the list is som*thing they want, but still a surprise since they don't know which thing on the list they'll get.

• Star 1

So I wanted to give a shout out to @Definitely_different for being an absolute sweetheart to me today. You gifted me some thing really amazing, & what you did for somebody like me today, that will always remain close to my heart. It will be paid forward & oooo whose birthday do I have now? 😂💕 Thank you for making my day brighter 🌟🌟 all my love & thanks dear! 💕

Hugs Virtual Hug GIF by swerk

• Heart 1