Are your parents divorced?

Are your parents divorced?

My parents divorced 30 years ago. My father had an affair and left my mother when I was 5 and married the other woman. My mom has been married to my step father for 28 years. 

Edited by Terminated

My parents are still married. I've been very lucky to have grown up with parents who get along very well, for the most part, and never cheated around or anything like that. From the outside, they look like they have the perfect marriage, although I'm sure they've gone through difficult times like anyone else. They are just very good at keeping what issues they may have between them. They never fought in front of me as a k*d and were always a united front together. I've had a very good example of what a good, committed relationship should look like, so I don't know what my problem is....

Well,  I guess that's kind of a lie and I do know what my problem is. I'm just not that great at managing it, or being a better person in spite of it. I let my "issues" control me, instead of me controlling my issues. I'm getting better though. I just wish I hadn't taken so long to figure things out.

Before my 13th bday. Then it was like my friend's parents started trending with divorcing. I was really confused. I thought a lot about why people get married anyway. I've accepted proposals before, but expected to stay engaged. & It's a good thing too. ❤ I'll be fine never to be engaged again or getting married. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart 1

• Elites

my father and my mother divorced when i was 7 or 8. my dad cheated on my mom multiple times, and was a *********, including a criminal. he went to j**l and committed s******e. 

it's been about 10 years since he's passed.

Mine divorced when i was in 8th grade. My dad cheated and my mom took us and wouldn't let my dad see us. They had a lengthy court battle and were pretty hostile. We moved like four times in a year just living with other family members or in one bedroom apartments (i have 2 siblings). Things eventually settled down but it was a weird time.