Capital Punishment: Yes or no?

Posted (edited)

I honestly wish everyone got along and didn't commit the atrocities against each other that we hear on the news every day. The death penalty doesn't deter anyone from committing crimes. It costs almost a million tax dollars just to put bad people 6 feet under.

I think the best thing is to just lock up the really bad people, who committed the worst crimes, in solitary confinement for the rest of their m*is*erable lives and never let them out. Let them d*ie alone. 

Edited by Terminated

I'm undecided. I think there are innocent people in j*il and even on death row. I don't like thinking that innocent people are put to death, even though it has most definitely probably already happened.

At the same time, I also think that some people are beyond rehabilitation, which is what pris*n is technically supposed to do. There are certain people who are so vile and evil that I don't think they should be left on this earth.

On the other hand, who gets to draw the line on where death is deserved or not? Currently it's our law system, which is incredibly biased and flawed, which is how innocent people get convicted in the first place. 🤔

Personally, if I was convicted and given a life sentence without the possibility of parole, then I would rather have the death penalty. I'm just undecided what to do for other people. I also think they should have a choice. If a pris*ner wants to d*e, then we should let them.