Are You A Drinker? Do You Drink?

• Elites

Do any of you drink? If so, how frequently? 

I drink socially. If someone is drinking, I'll be drinking. I don't want to be drinking every day though, I don't want to be a sick mess. 

How about you guys?

200 (1).gif

I actually don’t and never have, if you’re talking about going out and getting drunk. I’ll only drink if I’m having dinner at someone’s house or wherever and they’re offering wine or I might have a pina colada if I’m on vacation. 😋🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart 1

I don't drink because my father was an alcoholic and his mother before him as an alcoholic. He was an angry drunk. He'd come into my bedroom at night and b*tch at me about my mother and about me needing to be like him. His wife had a drinking problem too. It's the biggest reason why I moved away from him.  I'm anti - alcohol. My girlfriend isn't allowed by me or her parents to drink. She's a recovering alcoholic. I'd say she's been very successful being sober. 

If I had it my way. Every alcoholic beverage out there would be illegalized and dumped into the sea. It causes problems. That's one thing I'll strongly agree with the Baptists on. 

• Heart 1

• Elites
4 hours ago, t*rminated said:

I don't drink because my father was an alcoholic and his mother before him as an alcoholic. He was an angry drunk. He'd come into my bedroom at night and b*tch at me about my mother and about me needing to be like him. His wife had a drinking problem too. It's the biggest reason why I moved away from him.  I'm anti - alcohol. My girlfriend isn't allowed by me or her parents to drink. She's a recovering alcoholic. I'd say she's been very successful being sober. 

If I had it my way. Every alcoholic beverage out there would be illegalized and dumped into the sea. It causes problems. That's one thing I'll strongly agree with the Baptists on. 

i actually agree with you on this. alcohol causes a lot of issues and it is a depressant. people who have depression should absolutely not be drinking alcohol, as it could effect their brain and emotions heavily. 
I'm glad you don't drink and I hope your girlfriend continues her recovery. No one deserves to go down that dark path of alcoholism again. :c 

9 hours ago, Onision said:

I… do not… not more than like a sip or so once a month. Still trying to figure out if it’s even healthy.

it isn't. alcohol is a depressant and mixing that with pills that help with people's depression will really mess with their emotions and their thoughts.

ex: three or four nights ago, i had a breakdown due to drinking WAY too much and had a sudden flashback about my best friend who recently passed away from self inflicted harm and it really triggered me and i started screaming and having a panic ****** and my asthma was getting out of control. 
long story short, alcohol is bad. don't mix alcohol with your own health problems, as it can spiral out of control. :c

• Heart 1

33 minutes ago, Lilliako said:

i actually agree with you on this. alcohol causes a lot of issues and it is a depressant. people who have depression should absolutely not be drinking alcohol, as it could effect their brain and emotions heavily. 
I'm glad you don't drink and I hope your girlfriend continues her recovery. No one deserves to go down that dark path of alcoholism again. :c 

it isn't. alcohol is a depressant and mixing that with pills that help with people's depression will really mess with their emotions and their thoughts.

I did try alcohol and a lot of the brands I tried I didn't care for. I would try and drink casually and socially with my friends. But ultimately I decided it wasn't for me. Drinking sort of reminded me of my evenings with my father. Because he'd come home and sit, eat popcorn and throw back whiskey after we had dinner. He'd get red in the face. His attitude would just decline. Same with his wife. She'd drink from a wine cooler and get b*tchier and b*tchier with every glass she tossed back. You could smell it on his breath. He never slurred his words or stumbled. But it seemed the more he drank. The meaner he got. He was just a bitter m iserable old man. 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, k*itlind said:

No. I've tasted some alcoholic drinks before and they were nasty. One of them was good but I didn't want to drink the whole thing because I'm against drinking anyway.

Likewise. I rarely ever drink. I'm mostly against it. But my sister convinced me to try Jello shots and surprise. She got me to do it.  I really liked them because I could barely taste the rum in it. Anyways. I began to feel extremely depressed and started feeling angry and a bit suicidal after about 4 I think. So I stopped. It completely ruined my night. I ended up going to bed early. My sister told me that maybe its best that I never drink again because she'd never seen me that upset. She felt horrible. 

Edited by Terminated
  • Heart 2

• Mod
2 minutes ago, t*rminated said:

Likewise. I rarely ever drink. I'm mostly against it. But my sister convinced me to try Jello shots and surprise. She got me to do it.  I really liked them because I could barely taste the rum in it. Anyways. I began to feel extremely depressed and started feeling angry and a bit suicidal after about 4 I think. So I stopped. It completely ruined my night. I ended up going to bed early. My sister told me that maybe its best that I never drink again because she'd never seen me that upset. She felt horrible. 

Aww. Nothing good ever comes from alcohol. I only sipped some drinks because people wanted me to and I was like whatever. I don't give in to peer pressure though.

19 hours ago, Onision said:

I… do not… not more than like a sip or so once a month. Still trying to figure out if it’s even healthy.

Studies have consistently shown that wine is healthy in moderation, I don't think any hard liquor has significant health benefits.

When I go out I will have a few drinks but I'm one of few people who has never been drunk...don't like the thought of losing control of myself (and I'm not gonna lie, in another post I said I'm emetophobic and this is embarrassing but the main reason is that I would never do anything that would result in me throwing up bc I would literally rather d*e lmfao)

Recovering alcoholic here, so yes, I drank to excess in my past. I don't touch it now. I've been sober 2.5 years now (3 years in November). I don't like being around people who are drinking anymore. I won't date anyone who drinks. It's one reason I'm such a recluse now. I don't want to go out to the bars (I might if there was a music show there...), and I don't want to go to parties where people are getting wasted.

Drinking alcohol is just not good for anyone. I don't care if there are health benefits to wine, you can still be a wino. "I want to be an alcoholic, " said no one ever.

No alcoholic started out one or thought they would become one. It's a slow decline when it comes to alcohol. It starts out just having fun with friends, and that's where most people keep it. BUT, almost anyone I've ever known who drinks (even if they're just a normal social drinker and not an alcoholic) has at times taken things too far with alcohol and done things they regret. Multiply that times 10 for anyone who is struggling with any type of depression or mental health issues. Plus it makes you feel like poo and honestly,  almost no alcohol tastes good when you first have it, you just get used to it if you keep drinking.

• Star 1

• Elites

Tequila, pineapple back. 

Was a bartender in New Orleans, met some insane people. It was a local bar and in a sketch part of the city. The regulars were casting execs, gangsters and gamblers. My favorite regular, Kermit, was a pimp. I worked the graveyard shift and sometimes he and I would pump money into the juke box and buy each other drinks. One time a customer was being a p*nis wrinkle, and Kermit offered to feed him to the gators. He wasn't kidding.

Drinking has been around for centuries, its a part of cultures around the world. Some people should definitely refrain, but a lot of people can handle themselves.

• Elites
Posted (edited)

Occasionally. 

My mother was an alcoholic all my life and she died from it. I didn’t have any alcohol until after she passed. I do not drink often. And if I do, I throw up easily. 

Alcohol kills. 

582A0879-4C25-4B8D-A34E-D0568B4D8F06.jpeg

On 6/30/2021 at 11:57 PM, OldGreqq said:

Recovering alcoholic here, so yes, I drank to excess in my past. I don't touch it now. I've been sober 2.5 years now (3 years in November). I don't like being around people who are drinking anymore. I won't date anyone who drinks. It's one reason I'm such a recluse now. I don't want to go out to the bars (I might if there was a music show there...), and I don't want to go to parties where people are getting wasted.

Drinking alcohol is just not good for anyone. I don't care if there are health benefits to wine, you can still be a wino. "I want to be an alcoholic, " said no one ever.

No alcoholic started out one or thought they would become one. It's a slow decline when it comes to alcohol. It starts out just having fun with friends, and that's where most people keep it. BUT, almost anyone I've ever known who drinks (even if they're just a normal social drinker and not an alcoholic) has at times taken things too far with alcohol and done things they regret. Multiply that times 10 for anyone who is struggling with any type of depression or mental health issues. Plus it makes you feel like poo and honestly,  almost no alcohol tastes good when you first have it, you just get used to it if you keep drinking.

This.

Edited by bones

I used to drink A LOT and I would black out so often. I still drink sometimes and I'm trying not to go overboard but when I think about being drunk I just feel so excited.. I hope I'll be able to overcome this before it's too late