Wet food or dry food?

I have 2 cats that I feed dry food. I have wet food that I give them as a treat every once in a while. They go nuts for it lol, but they probably wouldn't if they got it every day. I don't like wet food because they can't seem to get all of it out of the bowl. There is a good amount that remains on the bottom around the edges that they don't eat, and then it gets dry and yucky so I just throw it out. It would seem like I was wasting a lot if they ate it a couple times a day. 

My kitties are fairly young so I will reconsider when they get older. Like if their teeth are getting bad or som*thing. 

Wet food- for kitties because dry food is loaded with corn and other byproducts that some cats systems can’t tolerate. My vet actually explained it can cause them to have a build up of stuff when they pee, specifically male cats too. I give my kitties really healthy food but they sometimes won’t eat it lol I just work hard to find stuff they do. Most of my money goes to those lil bb’s and I have no regrets. Their healthy food is called tiny tiger 🐯 

2 hours ago, Rick n morty babe said:

Wet food- for kitties because dry food is loaded with corn and other byproducts that some cats systems can’t tolerate.

Yeah when I had cats I liked to feed them dry food because... despite how much I'm not a fan of cats, they actually genuinely seem to enjoy wet food, for a longer period of time, more than dogs.

Dogs just eat whatever and it's like the forgot they ate it seconds after... meanwhile cats do a better job showing they love a good meal.

• Star 1

6 minutes ago, Onision said:

Yeah when I had cats I liked to feed them dry food because... despite how much I'm not a fan of cats, they actually genuinely seem to enjoy wet food, for a longer period of time, more than dogs.

Dogs just eat whatever and it's like the forgot they ate it seconds after... meanwhile cats do a better job showing they love a good meal.

That’s true 😂  good insight. 

I agree wet food is better for cats. But our cat will not eat it at all so we have to get this super expensive high protein dry food. The dog will only eat wet food. At the end of the day if I can get them to eat anything I’m happy. Both will starve themselves for a looooong time if I try and play stubborn with the food choices and I just don’t have the heart to play chicken

• Heart 1