Vampire movies?

22 minutes ago, Onision said:

Yeah... also I first saw BLADE when I was a k*d so it was cool.

The first 2 were good. I thought Jarod Nomak was a more developed villain than Stephen Dorif's Frost. 

Frost was a religious fanatic whereas Jarod was a psychotic genocidal nihilist. He wanted to end everyone. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2021 at 9:02 PM, OldGreqq said:

Interview with the Vampire 

Tom Cruise did an amazing job as Lestat. He really captured what he was like from the books. 

On 7/23/2021 at 1:33 PM, Definitely_different said:

Queen of the Damned 

If you read the first three books by Ann Rice. You'll hate this movie. They really trashed Lestat as a character. The actor playing him was waaaay out of character. They tried combining two novels into a movie, that being the next two books being "Lestat" and "Queen of the Damned" into one film. It didn't work. It s*cked.

Ann Rice, the creator and author even hated it. She spoke out. They cut her out and did what they wanted when they should have made the direct sequel and focused on the second novel, "Lestat". Which they hamfisted in Queen of the Damned. The book is completely opposite from the film. 

Here she is slamming it. I don't blame her. I'd be pissed too if someone came along and did me the way they did her. 

and personally, no disrespect to Aaliyah and not slamming the dead. But she was not a perfect fit for the role of Akasha. Her acting was t*rrible. You could tell in the scenes she was struggling with her lines. I really do think they should have did the franchise right, brought back Tom Cruise to reprise his role and made a true sequel. Not this dumpster fire of a movie. The only thing it had going for it was the album and of course Aaliyah's passing gave it some attention. 

Apparently though Netflix is doing a series. So I hope that goes in a good direction. Ann Rice deserves as much. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn