Is Pretty Much Everyone on Lolcow a Namby-Pamby?

Admin

I noticed lolcow is a bunch of people posting anonymously - making pretty much everything they say worthless because they're not wiling to publicly stand behind their words...

But lolcow can't be entirely spineless keyboard warriors... 

What is good about that site, do you use it?

Working Comedy Central GIF by Drunk History

5 minutes ago, k*itlind said:

Never heard of it until you and other people mentioned it on here. Seems like a ridiculous site.

From what I've heard, it's a site where a bunch of people who are too afraid to even have user names, get together and say horrible things about other people in a mean-g*rls fashion.

• Mod
1 hour ago, Onision said:

From what I've heard, it's a site where a bunch of people who are too afraid to even have user names, get together and say horrible things about other people in a mean-g*rls fashion.

Sounds like a nice place to be 😆

I've never heard of it either. But I'm not hip on social media anymore because I cut it out of my life. I was tired of all the stupid mean people and people jumping down each other's throats. This just sounds like an even more glorified version of that. Sounds like a bunch of bullies who get off on putting other people down. Probably because their lives s*ck so bad that making fun of other people makes them feel better about their own lives. My definition of a sorry loser. I do not wish to join the loser's club.

• Elites

When I first found lolcow i was trying to see what modeling work my favorite e-girl had done and the forum came up in google search. I couldn't believe how mean these people were. I grew up on 4chan so it wasn't the worst I've seen, but some of the anons were definitely close with the girl. How horrifying... To find online that someone you trust is a traitor.

1 hour ago, Kilo said:

When I first found lolcow i was trying to see what modeling work my favorite e-girl had done and the forum came up in google search. I couldn't believe how mean these people were. I grew up on 4chan so it wasn't the worst I've seen, but some of the anons were definitely close with the girl. How horrifying... To find online that someone you trust is a traitor.

It's just weird someone could be proud of themselves while posting behind a mask - it's like, do you realize that you are the ultimate version of a yellow-belly?

Like the carbon copy mega wuss --- people behind a curtain mocking those who are on stage - they have more bravery than the people heckling them, yet the hecklers are so delusional they actually feel good about themselves ~ You're nobody, why would you feel good about being practically non-existent?

And maybe that's the point... by going after people who matter, they feel like they matter - yet they don't and they likely never will. It's a delusion.

• Heart 3

16 hours ago, k*itlind said:

Never heard of it until you and other people mentioned it on here. Seems like a ridiculous site.

Same as you. This is the first time I've heard of it. From looking at it. It looks like an old chat room. 

• Star 1

20 minutes ago, paperandsky said:

Isn’t that the site Creepshow Art was posting on and they exposed her identity? How embarrassing.

I understand that to be true... not sure why you would want to post to that site considering they eat each other alive.

• Star 1

• Elites
21 hours ago, Onision said:

It's just weird someone could be proud of themselves while posting behind a mask - it's like, do you realize that you are the ultimate version of a yellow-belly?

Like the carbon copy mega wuss --- people behind a curtain mocking those who are on stage - they have more bravery than the people heckling them, yet the hecklers are so delusional they actually feel good about themselves ~ You're nobody, why would you feel good about being practically non-existent?

And maybe that's the point... by going after people who matter, they feel like they matter - yet they don't and they likely never will. It's a delusion.

Yeah the potential impact of lolcow isn't proportionate to the risk the users take by participating. It's just slander and cruel screenshots.  They just seem so crooked with envy and l'ennui.