Have you ever been fired?

Once, the first job I ever had when i was in high school. It's probably bc I was not good at talking to customers since I had undiagnosed social anxiety, but I don't know for sure since they straight up never told me, they just took me off the schedule without communicating at all. Pretty humiliating

• Elites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Sierra said:

Once, the first job I ever had when i was in high school. It's probably bc I was not good at talking to customers since I had undiagnosed social anxiety, but I don't know for sure since they straight up never told me, they just took me off the schedule without communicating at all. Pretty humiliating

that's not humiliating at all, they should have told you, in fact i'm sure they are supposed to write you up -- unless you were on probation. but either way, that was unfair on you. sorry you went through that.

Edited by Lilliako

• Mod

This is going to sound bad, but I've been fired 3 times 😬 It's because I wasn't doing my job very well due to not knowing how to deal with certain situations and I was fired from my previous job because I kept making mistakes. I was happy to get fired from that one though because it was too stressful and I hated it lol

I've been fired once that I know of. It was at a gas station. My co-workers hated me. They complained a lot.

I guess thst meant I wasn't doing my job right. Funny thing.

The place went out of business a year later. I guess I don't feel so bad.

I also got laid off in Florida after Hurricane Michael. I worked for a 3rd party company that licensed doctors. I worked as a certified credentialist.

Edited by Terminated

I've only been fired once, and I don't know why. I have an idea why, but they never actually told me. I asked why, and I was a given a vague "Things just aren't working out." I was never written up or reprimanded in the 18 months I was there. I made mistakes like any normal person, but not very many at all. Most states are an "at will" state, which means an employer can fire you at will,  anytime, for no reason as long as it's not illegal. 

• Heart 1

So I have tried a lot of jobs trying to find my niche and I’m still looking. I know a lot of what I am bad at! 😄

I was fired twice.
2nd time from teaching because the school found out about my mental illness. I won a settlement from that for wrongful termination/discrimination.  I wasn’t mad because I’m not suited for teaching public school. Too shy. Far Too emotionally squishy. And 60+ students a class period is insanely hard to handle. I know 100% they were just looking for an excuse to get rid of me since they suggested I quit and I said no before the firing happened. Will I teach again? Maybe. Will it be private small classes or through tutorial? For sure. I am not ashamed to say I have some form of ptsd from that experience and I highly highly respect if not worship anyone strong enough to accomplish even the bare minimum in that setting. fun fact: I have a neck scar from a ch*ld throwing scissors at me to “get me to shut up” during my lesson. 

1st time from being a corrections officer at a j*il. I refused to house two inmates who’d made threats to each other in the same cell.

Okay I kinda have to explain the bulls***t here on the second one. A lot of j*ils and p******s in the US are being privatized and run by corporations. The business model is  They give data about running the facility to the city, state ect and the state gives them tax money to operate. How do you make money from that? By “saving” facility costs. IE stripping prisoners of basic rights. So if you got pads during your period before, now you are limited to 3 “per cycle”. If you had a standard school lunch before, now you get 1 bowl of soup. If you got chicken before now you get soy meat. Pay a electrician to fix lights before? Now you teach the inmates how to do it for you for free. This is supposed to “save taxpayers money” but it doesn’t because the Corp expects to get the same amount of money as before and gleam that savings as profit for themselves. There isn’t a point in doing something private if it’s not going to make money. 

So I got hired on when the j*il was public and they were changing over to private and it really started pissing me off. Telling someone bleeding they can’t have a pad will do that. I really subscribe to the correctional part of correction facilities existing. Anyway a huge bs they were pulling was “increasing bedcount” to make the numbers they sent to the city as big as possible because the bigger they were the most money the city had to send them. So they did this a few ways. They slowed down on processing people’s paperwork big time, keeping them stuck there. They would release people they knew didn’t have transportation or ID after curfew so that they would get caught walking home and be rearrested. And the one I had a big no with, they would antagonize people to try and get a infracting reaction out of them because getting an infraction while incarcerated CAN add to your j*il time. 

Tldr: Basically more people they have, longer they stay = more $$$$$

this defeats the actual point of j*il and consequences serving their function to society. You learn nothing when the reason you are suffering is BS and not the direct result of what you did yourself. 

so that explained: Lt. wanted me to put two women I’d confiscated weapons from who had made threats to each other back into a two person cell together so that they would fight and the infraction would increase their sentence. 

I said no. I got fired immediately for insubordination with Lt. verbally abusing me as a walked out. No regrets. 

ironically guess who called me offering a medical coding job to me last Friday now that my resume is updated because apparently the in j*il DR needs a coder? 

yep..that same j*il. It’s gonna be no from me on that one. 

• Heart 1

• Mod
46 minutes ago, Onision said:

…tell me moree

the office fourth wall GIF

Lol ok... So I was a teacher's assistant in a preschool and I got fired because a parent overheard me raising my voice at the class because I couldn't get them to quiet down. I was the only one in there and I didn't know how to handle them by myself. Next I got fired from a nursing home because I wasn't able to take care of 20+ residents on my own. They were strict over there and said I needed more training. The last place I got fired from was an assisted living facility in January of this year. I handled med*cation there and accidentally made multiple mistakes that almost caused harm to a few of the residents. It was a very stressful job and too much responsibility. I'm glad no one was harmed and I wish I was more careful when dealing with their meds, but I was relieved I didn't have to work there anymore.

• Heart 3

I haven't been fired. Well, if you count being fired from cooking fish sticks!! 😳🤔

The fam won't let me, they say it's because I burn them all the time. Twice! I only only burnt them twice! But it's ok, not like I eat them anyways. LOL!  

• Funny 1

Yes and it was some bulls***t too, like legit my manager lied and said I walked off shift when really he told me that if I left the line to clean myself off (a coworker and I had had a mishap with a huge bag of liquid ice cream mix), to just leave for the day. So I said bet and left, since I was drenched in sticky ice cream mix and it wasn’t even that busy. 

got a call later from a different manager saying that the one who id had that interaction with talked to the GM and that I was fired, to which I also said BET to because after 3 years of bulls***t I was done anyways. Come to find out a few days later that was a lieeeee, because the GM told that second manager a few days later that I was being fired for no call no show lmaooo and he had had no idea what had even happened. I probably could have gone back but like I said that job was SOME BUTT

• Elites

Yes.

My mother entered the ICU in September of 2019. I was her primary caretaker and health contact. I had to speak with many doctors during the day, miss a lot of work, take a lot of phone calls, text messages, make decisions on her behalf, and was fired for "excessive time off/phone calls and text messages". He 'wrote me up' for this RIGHT BEFORE firing me, so that I would not qualify for unemployment.

My mom died 8 days later.

• Heart 2

Fired once. I was 16, working after school at a store. Manager kept moaning that I looked bored and not passionate about my role. I was like, "well yeah, I'm bored stiff in your s***tty shop" lol 

Once of my fave jobs fired me, this was a while ago. 😔 I worked at the Humane Society and It. was my dream job. 

But my manager didn’t like younger, happier(?), females working around her boyfriend who also worked there. It was so dumb. 

I really loved that job. 

On 6/28/2021 at 4:34 PM, summerlusk said:

Have you ever been fired from a job? If so, what was the reason they fired you?

1 hour ago, Onision said:

Wrongful termination no?

I was fired because I told my crew leader off for flirting with my bf at the time,,so I went next door to the Burger King got hired. Lol my bf was hired there as well.