3 hours ago, Gnostic Christian said:

If you do not have control of your will, who does?

Who will decide to answer this post or not, if not you?

We have a free will that is only limited by nature and physics.

Do I need to show you the proof with my little test?

Take it.

Regards

DL

I believe that nothing and no-one controls my will. It's all cause and effect that goes back in such a cosmically large scale, I can understand that it's difficult for some people to comprehend. I don't think my decisions are controlled by anything, but just a result of multiple causes. I can even use your handy test to prove my point!

On 11/15/2021 at 10:23 AM, Gnostic Christian said:

All you have to do is begin your reply to this post with, let's say, an "I".

(Oh wow, I wasn't even thinking about it, and I did actually begin with an I!)

So, I wanted to respond to your response to me, which was caused by me disagreeing with what you had said, and feeling strongly with my argument. To simplify, let's just look at the cause. I disagree with you, which is caused by my experience in learning about determinism. That was caused by watching youtube videos on the topic when I was younger. that was due to youtube being just a few years old, and I happened to stumble across it. That was all because I was a young teenager when youtube started to gain traction, so I had a lot of free time on the internet. That was because I was born in 1993. That wasn't my choice, but, in a long-winded way, it caused me writing out this response.

Essentially, every choice you make, ask "but why?" over and over and over again. Because it's just your choice? Well, why is that your choice? Keep asking "but why?" and then you get to a point where it clearly has nothing to do with a choice you have made.

Sorry if I'm just repeating points @Mr.Dawn made in his reply; I didn't read through all of the comments, just the part that was directed at me

• Star 1

31 minutes ago, Admin said:

My favorite part of religious debates is how upset people get over basically Disney stories.

Good point. Look at this idiot calling Loki the devil and saying that Marvel and Disney are immoral. The bs in this video is so thick, you could stir it with a stick. The only thing he's done in his video is make silly superstitious claims and spread misinformation. The entire video consists of crazy talk. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn
  • Funny 1

On 11/24/2021 at 1:05 PM, Admin said:

My favorite part of religious debates is how upset people get over basically Disney stories.

Yes, because of the harms of h*mophobia and misogyny that those vile fairy tale based religions do to half the real wolds populations.

Moral people will indeed get upset.

Regards

DL

On 11/24/2021 at 7:36 PM, Mr.Dawn said:

Good point. Look at this idiot calling Loki the devil and saying that Marvel and Disney are immoral. The bs in this video is so thick, you could stir it with a stick. The only thing he's done in his video is make silly superstitious claims and spread misinformation. The entire video consists of crazy talk. 

Gotta love the common sense he. Here's some more logic... 

11 hours ago, stevenenjoysmilk said:

You literally cut out all of my response explaining why I had that desire. I think that's the dumbest argument you've made this whole time

I  agree. So far he's done nothing but use fallacious arguments, making unsupported assertions, & misinterpreting science. I presented empirical evidence that was done by Sigmund Freud & various other works and he completely ignored those too. He seems to think he can argue his opinion against facts. What he doesn't comprehend is that no amount of belief makes something a fact. 

Edited by Mr.Dawn

11 hours ago, Dusk said:

I  agree. So far he's done nothing but use fallacious arguments, making unsupported assertions, & misinterpreting science. I presented empirical evidence that was done by Sigmund Freud & various other works and he completely ignored those too. He seems to think he can argue his opinion against facts. What he doesn't comprehend is that no amount of belief makes something a fact. 

I think most likely a troll

• Star 1