thoughts about ~ missing your ex

4 minutes ago, cool.dus.niet said:

What do you think about someone missing there ex afther months or years?

Do you think its ok to go back to a ex? 

Is missing a ex som*thing like missing some things familiar in your life? 

It's often hard to miss an ex if you broke up with them... but if they broke with you? I mean, what can you do? It's over. Gotta move on.

Best way to get over one person is to get...

What do you think about someone missing there ex afther months or years?

I did miss my ex wife for 9 months after the divorce.

Do you think its ok to go back to a ex? 

That depends on the circ*mstances and why you broke up or divorce. If it was an extremely tox*c marriage/ relationship. I wouldn't recommend it. 

5 minutes ago, cool.dus.niet said:

Is missing a ex som*thing like missing some things familiar in your life? 

No not really. It's like dealing with a loss. 

@cool.dus.niet do you miss your ex?

i doubt you actually miss your ex themselves but the experience of being loved or maybe the fake feeling of being loved, depending on how much your ex is a pos

i do occasionally miss the feeling of being loved but fortunately for all of us there’s 7 billion people on this planet which means you have loads of potential suitors 

maybe one that will actually treat you the way you deserve

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Mate said:

i doubt you actually miss your ex themselves but the experience of being loved or maybe the fake feeling of being loved, depending on how much your ex is a pos

Well put. 

I missed my ex wife because there were true moments of happiness that I had with her.

I think I remembered and focused on those moments because I was hurt and alone. I tried coming up reasons and justifying why it was my fault. But every one kept saying she was the one at fault. 

I had temporarily forgot all of the emotional and mental pain she brought me. All the problems.

I guess sometimes we want to see them as a good person. When they're really not.

Everytime I talked to her it ended badly. She really did her best to **** me off.

I feel like it's okay to go back to one but it takes a time out. Work on yourself. Let them work on themselves. For months, maybe years.  Then casually step into just seeing them. Pro and con it if it could work to being official status again. Don't continuously repeat the process. 

As optimistic as I can be, I've been struck down a few notches. Some things can't be repaired. I  miss the good times or little cute routines. I won't forget them, but also what they're capable of, or myself included. 

Exs teach you things. Bad. Good. So if you decide to move forward with someone else in the future you can see some red flags or happy hearts. I know I'm happy without my exs. Wish them well, even if they'd never feel the same about me. 

• Heart 1

• Elites

Once an ex always an ex. I’ve lived by that except for one relationship which was heavily on again off again. Do not recommend. The relationship ended for a reason. You can’t continue to write your book if you keep trying to read in between the lines of previous chapters.

People say to never say never, so I won't say it, but I think it's probably best to let people go once the relationship is over, no matter who ended it. That doesn't mean you can't still be friends, but that usually takes awhile after a break up. I've remained friends with lots of exes, but there was always a "cooling off" period after a break up where we didn't talk or hang out. That's because those love feelings that are more than friendship take time to d*e down.

I've only dated one ex again 10 years after we broke up. He broke my heart and did it on purpose. I guess I had broken his the first time we dated and broke up. I didn't value him or our relationship the first time around. He got in contact with me out of the blue 10 years later and we started seeing each other again. Turns out, he just wanted to lure me back in and then stomp my heart because he felt that's what I did to him. That's what he did, so I guess he got his revenge and I can't say I didn't deserve it, but it s*cked all the more because I was a much different person than I was the 1st time.

The whole point of that story is that people do change, but the heart rarely forgets past transgressions, even if you are great friends for awhile. I think the past would creep back into any relationship with an ex, no matter the amount of time. Some people can get past the old junk, some people can't. 

My personal choice is to let sleeping dogs lie and move on. If your heart is crying for someone years later, maybe it's because you never tried giving your heart to anybody else. Once you love someone, they'll always have a place in your heart. It's like grieving for someone you loved who died. You'll always remember the love but you can't get it back to the way it was. Store that love in a special place in your memories, cherish it always, but don't spend so much time dwelling on it that you shut everyone else who knocks on the door of your heart out. 

• Heart 1

I don't think I've ever had an ex that I didn't pine over for years later 😭 I literally was thinking abt one of them at 3 am this morning for no reason at all even though we last spoke in 2016 and he did some pretty horrible things to me. It's not a familiarity thing bc we only hung out at parties and didn't really connect since we never had real conversations so in retrospect it's pretty clear he was just using me....especially since he has some power in Hollywood nightlife and the day after he hooked up w me he had me banned from all the clubs he was associated with, and then I found out he had a gf the whole time...so there's literally no reason why I should want to be back with him but I just know once I start partying again and I see him I'll be back on my bs bc I never learn 😭😭😭 I romanticize tox*c behavior and it's pretty bad

I've found the best way to get over an ex is to look back at the bad history that you had with them. Like with my ex wife. She left me a total of 8 times and came back. But left me on the 9th time and begged for a divorce. She wasn't happy. She did her best to make my life hard at times. Her family hated me. We had issues with each other. She blamed me for everything. Then she cheated multiple times. She lied. She gave money away and blew me money. There were just volumes of problems. The problems went away when we divorce. Getting back with her would bring a multitude of those problems back into the picture and I the best thing is to stay divorced and move on with other people. 

Then I got into relationships with other g*rls and it was a relief when I broke up with them. I found out that breaking up is a wonderful thing. It solves sooo many problems. 

I think the reason some women are afraid of breaking up is how bad it's going to hurt. No. Not necessarily. To me a break up letting the air back into the room after the person you were with was smothering you with a pillow. It's so relieving to just get rid of someone. There's tons of people out there.

As long as the person you're with isn't degrading and is respectable to you and treats you right. I say keep them. But if they're a horrible human being. Then break up with them. Do your best not to take them back. They're not worth the pain in your a*ss. 

• Heart 1

This is a topic that breaks my heart.

I broke up with a guy ***years*** ago. 

He was too good for me....I didn't want to drag him down in life.

Not one day goes by without som*thing bringing him into my mind and it hurts my heart.....

I hope he's doing better than me and I wish him all the happiness in the world.

.....I still love him and dont think I'll ever let that go. 😔