Is It Ok To Take Your Shirt Off At Someone's House?

Admin

If a dude is visiting your house and he takes his shirt off in your house because it's hot... what would you say? Would you do anything? Is it weird to be bothered by a grown man who takes his shirt off in someone else's house?

What if the dude is fat? Does that make it worse?

Would you be weird for getting instantly triggered and leaving the room because you don't want to look at his shirtless fat body?

Depends. If I know the person and they're my buddy, then I don't really care, even if they are fat.

If it is somebody I don't know, like a maintenance man or som*thing, I would prefer that they ask first just to be polite. I would most likely tell them it's ok, unless they were making me feel uneasy or uncomfortable in some way. Tbh, I probably wouldn't stick around in the same room though if they were not easy on the eyes.

Another determining factor would be if they smell. If they are smelling ripe like BO or som*thing, then they can keep their shirt on. That goes for friends and strangers. Although if it was a friend, I would tell them they smell, and to go use my shower, lol.

4 minutes ago, OldGreqq said:

Depends. If I know the person and they're my buddy, then I don't really care, even if they are fat.

If it is somebody I don't know, like a maintenance man or som*thing, I would prefer that they ask first just to be polite. I would most likely tell them it's ok, unless they were making me feel uneasy or uncomfortable in some way. Tbh, I probably wouldn't stick around in the same room though if they were not easy on the eyes.

Another determining factor would be if they smell. If they are smelling ripe like BO or som*thing, then they can keep their shirt on. That goes for friends and strangers. Although if it was a friend, I would tell them they smell, and to go use my shower, lol.

I have this weird thing where I don't like looking at fat shirtless people. I'm ****ing out of my mind, I know.

I don't think it's weird. People have their own what they approve/don't approve of.

I've been friends with quite a few who have done this. I think it matters how well they take care of their hygiene. House guests come and go. So like if it smells freshen the areas up after they leave. 

Boundaries. Respect. If you're fine with it, okay. If not. ..Yeah let's keep 👕s on with cool air blowing?

• Heart 1

• Mod

I mean if they have a nice looking body, I wouldn't mind lol. But yeah if they're fat, then I wouldn't want them to because I don't want to see that. That seems mean to say, but I'm just being honest.

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Onision said:

I have this weird thing where I don't like looking at fat shirtless people. I'm ****ing out of my mind, I know.

*Shrug* I'd say it's pretty normal. I don't like it either, but I also try to be considerate. You gotta think how much more they're feeling the heat because overweight people tend to get hot easier. That's why I would leave the room if they were fu gly.

But I say you do whatever you want in your own home. Your home, your rules, your choice. Everyone has that thing that weirds them out a little. Mine is midgets. They weird me out a little bit and make me feel all cringy. I feel guilty because I know that's not right, but...well, I dunno, that's just my inner reaction I can't control. 

Edited by OldGreqq
Typo
  • Heart 2

1 minute ago, k*itlind said:

I mean if they have a nice looking body, I wouldn't mind lol. But yeah if they're fat, then I wouldn't want them to because I don't want to see that. That seems mean to say, but I'm just being honest.

It's just continued cultural differences I think... there are people who just let themselves go and think everyone wants to see that, and there's people who are more on the "If it's u**y cover it up" standard.

Like me personally, I had bad acne on my back when I was in school, so I tried to keep a shirt on whenever I could... you know, to not gr*ss anyone out.

Just now, OldGreqq said:

*Shrug* I'd say it's pretty normal. I don't like it either, but I also try to be considerate. You gotta think how much more they're feeling the heat because overweight people tend to get hot easier. That's why I would leave the room if they were fu**y.

But I say you do whatever you want in your own home. Your home, your rules, your choice. Everyone has that thing that weirds them out a little. Mine is midgets. They weird me out a little bit and make me feel all cringy. I feel guilty because I know that's not right, but...well, I dunno, that's just my inner reaction I can't control. 

If they don't like heat, maybe they should stop eating unhealthy, then they won't be so hot.

• Heart 1

• Elites

I see where you’re coming from id be upset cause it’s your house after all. I wouldn’t just walk into someone’s house and start taking my clothes off lmao it’s very rude unless the person asks if it’s ok to do so,plus if he’s sweating all over my house and stinking up the place I’ll probably say som*thing about it 

If it were my house, it would feel a little strange. I feel like it's common decency to keep your clothes on, even if it is hot. There are just certain behaviors at other people's houses that you don't exude, and taking your shirt off and walking around like you own the place is crossing a boundary, especially if you don't at least ask first. It's called etiquette, which I understand highly differential across different countries of the world. That is fine - that's their prerogative. But at my place, it's generally not acceptable, unless you're my boyfriend/girlfriend/romantic partner. Otherwise, keep your clothes on, please. 

shirtless it's always sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

3 hours ago, Onision said:

If a dude is visiting your house and he takes his shirt off in your house because it's hot... what would you say? Would you do anything? Is it weird to be bothered by a grown man who takes his shirt off in someone else's house?

What if the dude is fat? Does that make it worse?

Would you be weird for getting instantly triggered and leaving the room because you don't want to look at his shirtless fat body?

Ok first of all this is weirdly specific...🤨😂😂 but yes that would make me uncomfortable unless I was close to him and he knew I was okay with it. 

1 hour ago, Schatzi said:

If it were my house, it would feel a little strange. I feel like it's common decency to keep your clothes on, even if it is hot. There are just certain behaviors at other people's houses that you don't exude, and taking your shirt off and walking around like you own the place is crossing a boundary, especially if you don't at least ask first. It's called etiquette, which I understand highly differential across different countries of the world. That is fine - that's their prerogative. But at my place, it's generally not acceptable, unless you're my boyfriend/girlfriend/romantic partner. Otherwise, keep your clothes on, please. 

shirtless it's always sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Although, I probably wouldn't do or say anything other than be annoyed, lol.