As a friend, I've been told I can be annoying or I have friends showing criticism of my m*thods, which I get. I've been told I'm supportive, encouraging, and my heart is too big (to me that's a compliment(?) But they're not afraid to tell me that it needs that balance.

The friends I keep close are usually people who stand up for me in ways where they notice I'm putting myself in awkward situations. They're usually a little more introverted, sarcastic, they have interesting stories, and amazing advice. They're intelligent and they inspire me. I know I can run to them, and they know they can do the same (even if I'm the one checking up on them first). I trust them. & I'm lucky to have some people I know I can trust. They can be tough on me but I know it's out of love (sometimes I lack in areas 🙄).

Dc Comics Raven GIF by DC

What are you like as a friend? What are the qualities of the friends you keep?

• Heart 2

• Mod

I'd say I'm a nice, caring, and helpful friend. I'm not outgoing but I like to hang out and do fun things with friends I'm close to and feel comfortable around. The way I am towards people I meet and talk to online is basically how I am with people IRL. I like to have friends who are nice of course and I want us to be able to have fun together no matter where we are. Also being funny is a plus 😛

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

20 minutes ago, k*itlind said:

I'd say I'm a nice, caring, and helpful friend. I'm not outgoing but I like to hang out and do fun things with friends I'm close to and feel comfortable around. The way I am towards people I meet and talk to online is basically how I am with people IRL. I like to have friends who are nice of course and I want us to be able to have fun together no matter where we are. Also being funny is a plus 😛

Always being funny is a plus! ❤ I'm all for those happy bonding moments. I'm a little more reserved online than offline. I think its because it's more of an "everyone is a stranger, and though I adore meeting new people, I find it more difficult to express myself" if that makes sense? Offline it's always about expression and out of the box moments. Maybe it has to do with just being physically present with them? 

2 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

Always being funny is a plus! ❤ I'm all for those happy bonding moments. I'm a little more reserved online than offline. I think its because it's more of an "everyone is a stranger, and though I adore meeting new people, I find it more difficult to express myself" if that makes sense? Offline it's always about expression and out of the box moments. Maybe it has to do with just being physically present with them? 

By the way, I've always sensed that about you ❤ you're always quite helpful and caring. I really enjoy our interactions, & seeing your posts. It's like "gotta add a little more k*itlind into the mix" 😂💕

• Heart 1

• Mod
8 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

By the way, I've always sensed that about you ❤ you're always quite helpful and caring. I really enjoy our interactions, & seeing your posts. It's like "gotta add a little more k*itlind into the mix" 😂💕

Aww thanks! I like our interactions too. You seem really nice 🙂

• Star 1

So there's "malice" and selfishness... people who have either of those risk not being a friend of many, if anyone. That's basically who I associate with... people who care about much more than themselves.

If someone appears to be incredibly selfish or malicious, I gotta go.

• Heart 1
  • Star 2

In real life. I'm not a very good friend. I'm a very paranoid man. This stems from me being bullied back in middle school and the betrayals I suffered presently. I keep my social circle very small. I have zero trust in most people. I've had failed relationships with family members and the church because I'm an Atheist.

Even Christians make the sh*ttiest of friends. It's shown in my dating life as well. I've broken up with women for good reasons seeing as you can't always go off of first impressions. They'll slip up sooner rather than later.

My friendship is very conditional. So mainly. I keep a lot of acquaintances. I like to stay on good terms with people. But don't assume I'm your friend just because I'm nice to you. I believe in common decency. 

You could say that I have had so many bad experiences that I've forgotten what the role of a friendship means. Perhaps it's an ally who'll be there for me when times get rough or maybe it's just someone who just wants to have fun and doesn't want to hear my problems. No that can't be it. Perhaps a friend is LIKE family. 

I would think they're someone who is supposed to understand you. Fight for you. Be loyal and faithful to you through the hard times. Listen to you when you're down. Fight hard for your trust and keep it. Oh wait. Those expectations are too hard. Humanity is nothing but dog sh*t. You can't trust anyone. But what you can do is keep your distance and talk to them while the world passes you by. Just remember. It's every man and woman for themselves. If there's som*thing in it for them. You're as good as throwing under the bus. 

What I am is a good acquaintance. I don't want your trust. I don't trust most anyway. Unless I'm looking for a companion or signification other. Then that is the person that I will put most of my trust in and that in itself is risky.

What I am is this. I am the man you pass by on the street. I am nothing more and I am nothing less. I am the man that wishes you well in your endeavors. I am the man that might help you if I feel like it. I am no hero. I am no white knight. I'm just a man who will d*e alone some day and the world will forget that I ever existed. 

• Star 1