A Building (Condos) Just Randomly Collapsed!?

Admin

So I've always wondered about people buying a condo in a building like... you know the building won't be around forever so... what is the value? What I mean is... a home can be improved over and over again, but a condo, especially a building, has a distinct expiration...

Anyway... really crazy news:

• Blank 1

• Mod

That's so scary. Sometimes I worry about stuff like that happening in places I'm in or an explosion happening out of nowhere. I saw on the news once that this one couple's house exploded and ever since I've been worried about that happening.

4 minutes ago, k*itlind said:

That's so scary. Sometimes I worry about stuff like that happening in places I'm in or an explosion happening out of nowhere. I saw on the news once that this one couple's house exploded and ever since I've been worried about that happening.

I was immediately thinking about how crazy that must have been to everyone around there... they've got to be looking to someone to blame... pretty obvious it's whoever built that place or some bizarre act of nature.

• Heart 1
  • Blank 1

• Mod
11 minutes ago, Onision said:

I was immediately thinking about how crazy that must have been to everyone around there... they've got to be looking to someone to blame... pretty obvious it's whoever built that place or some bizarre act of nature.

Who knows? I can't imagine going through that.

Wow. Ok, I've been saving up to buy my own home (I'm getting close, probably within the next couple years) and was considering a condo because I thought the upkeep would be easier. I am now reconsidering that option.

That's sad 😥! & just randomly? Wow... I'm sure they'll find the cause...I hope...

I've been a renter since I've been out on my own. Right now I live somewhere that fits enough to save more for som*thing stable. The only problem is my location. I have weirdos knocking at my door at strange hours. People have keyed my car, even go through my trash 🙄 

Always be thankful to have a roof over your head... that is pretty sad news. Life is so weird..

On 6/24/2021 at 6:38 PM, Onision said:

So I've always wondered about people buying a condo in a building like... you know the building won't be around forever so... what is the value? What I mean is... a home can be improved over and over again, but a condo, especially a building, has a distinct expiration...

Anyway... really crazy news:

One of the many reasons why I'd never live in a high rise building like that

On 6/25/2021 at 6:38 PM, Sierra said:

I would not be surprised if this turns out not to be an accident, just saying

When som*thing as bad as this happens. They start up a witch hunt and they look to slap the blame on someone and ruin their life. That's the way of human nature. We need a scape goat!

There will no doubt be other investigations, too. Some condo owners in the complex have filed a class-action lawsuit against the condo association, seeking "to compensate the v****ms of this unfathomable loss."

https://www.wwno.org/npr-news/2021-06-28/investigations-into-what-caused-the-surfside-condos-collapse-have-already-begun

can’t help but feel bad for these people though

home collapsed and have to start over from square one, that is if you survived

not to get morbid or anything but i really hope the d**th wasn’t painful for those who did pass away

Just now, Mate said:

can’t help but feel bad for these people though

home collapsed and have to start over from square one, that is if you survived

not to get morbid or anything but i really hope the d**th wasn’t painful for those who did pass away

People get trapped a lot, so it's like, just the worst. Absolute worst. Life is so bad for so many. Count the good things more in life, because... damn.