What pets do you have?

I currently have 2 kitties and that's it right now. I have had lots of dogs in the past (7 different ones over my lifetime). I have also have had fish (cichlids), a lizard (bearded dragon), a couple of frogs, a snake, and chickens.

• Heart 2

On 6/30/2021 at 2:34 AM, Lilliako said:

I really want to get a scorpion though because I'm super freakin' weird 🤣🤣

On 6/30/2021 at 12:04 PM, t*rminated said:

We have a curly haired tarantula

Ya'll are brave. I will admit that having p*isonous pets makes me nervous. They are fine to look at through an aquarium, but I don't want to take care of one, or have the worry that it will get out.

Me and my ex hubby owned a duplex back in the day where we lived upstairs and a friend of ours was the tenant downstairs. Our tenant had all kinds of different pets and he had a tarantula. The tarantula got out some how. Him and my ex hubby hid that fact from me for a bit because they knew I would flip out. My son was less than a year at the time, which was why I had cause for concern. They never did find it and I did find out and flip out, lol.

This same tenant also had some type of piranha, which was pretty cool. They're actually illegal as pets in my state, but we didn't care.

Edited by OldGreqq

On 6/25/2021 at 3:34 AM, OldGreqq said:

I currently have 2 kitties and that's it right now. I have had lots of dogs in the past (7 different ones over my lifetime). I have also have had fish (cichlids), a lizard (bearded dragon), a couple of frogs, a snake, and chickens.

That's really cool. Animals and animal lovers are the best ❤️

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, OldGreqq said:

Ya'll are brave. I will admit that having p*isonous pets makes me nervous.

Curly haired tarantulas are barely venomous. They're very passive and docile. They barely ever move for hours on end. They eat maybe once every 2 weeks the older they get.

If you put a hollow log cut for them in their terrarium, they almost never venture out of it unless they get hungry.

It's very rare to get bitten by that breed. My girlfriend takes Daisy, our tarantula out and will hold her for a bit before putting her back in.

Scorpions on the other hand are much more aggressive. I wouldn't recommend handling them at all. They have the temperament of a hornet.