What’s the biggest lie you caught someone in?

This is a small lie but recent. My coworker told me how his 8 year old wants to become a gamer/streamer on YouTube. I told him straight up that 8 isn’t old enough to do that on YouTube since you have to be 13. (COPPA, and all that.) the next day, he said the k*d was 13 a few times.

the largest lie i caught is a sordid piece of the past and is when I first got with my now husband, he lied about how many he’d been with before (claim: 0. reality: so, so many). Trust takes a lot to rebuild. I’ll just say that 😛

• Heart 1

• Elites
23 minutes ago, lilith said:

This is a small lie but recent. My coworker told me how his 8 year old wants to become a gamer/streamer on YouTube. I told him straight up that 8 isn’t old enough to do that on YouTube since you have to be 13. (COPPA, and all that.) the next day, he said the k*d was 13 a few times.

the largest lie i caught is a sordid piece of the past and is when I first got with my now husband, he lied about how many he’d been with before (claim: 0. reality: so, so many). Trust takes a lot to rebuild. I’ll just say that 😛

Sometimes people do that in the beginning of relationships to not sound that bad 😬 ive been lied to about that too 

24 minutes ago, pinkagaricus said:

Sometimes people do that in the beginning of relationships to not sound that bad 😬 ive been lied to about that too 

Dang it just seems disgusting to me to lie about it lol. I just consider now that we were both young and somewhat dumb. The problem was trying to bring it up over the years and being rudely shut down for not “trusting enough”. It was years before he came clean, even though it was obvious to me years prior. Life be like that tho. Difficult pasts bleed past the present but are not impossible to overcome.

• Elites
21 minutes ago, lilith said:

Dang it just seems disgusting to me to lie about it lol. I just consider now that we were both young and somewhat dumb. The problem was trying to bring it up over the years and being rudely shut down for not “trusting enough”. It was years before he came clean, even though it was obvious to me years prior. Life be like that tho. Difficult pasts bleed past the present but are not impossible to overcome.

Yeah it’s a little ridiculous for him to say you aren’t trusting him enough even though you ended up being right 

Years ago I was dating this dude who would just ghost me for weeks at a time. I’m a dumb*** for sticking around as long as I did, but anyway, at one point he told me his dad died and that he was going to Australia to “find himself”, and about a week later I saw him at his job. Emailed him like “lol what’s that about” and he told me he’d been deported cuz they found weed on him. A year or two after I’d cut him off for good I found out his dad was very much alive and that he’d lied about it. Who knows why, like bruh if you aren’t into me just say that. 

• Heart 1

• Elites
8 minutes ago, Bellamy said:

Years ago I was dating this dude who would just ghost me for weeks at a time. I’m a dumb*** for sticking around as long as I did, but anyway, at one point he told me his dad died and that he was going to Australia to “find himself”, and about a week later I saw him at his job. Emailed him like “lol what’s that about” and he told me he’d been deported cuz they found weed on him. A year or two after I’d cut him off for good I found out his dad was very much alive and that he’d lied about it. Who knows why, like bruh if you aren’t into me just say that. 

That’s some pretty serious shi to lie about that’s beyond f’d up 

• Heart 1

• Elites
9 minutes ago, PoptartBarbie said:

Idk maybe "I'm not talking to that girl" 3 years into relationship. Shortly later were getting rid of chlamydia. Saw him talking to.  Hahaha even though I'm bi and wanted to sleep with her too.

He still says it didn't happen . And maybe it didn't but . 

Maybe he felt like you would’ve left if he told you the truth. My ex told me once “I lied to you cause I knew you’d leave if I told you” about so many things, it’s a bad feeling 😕

11 minutes ago, PoptartBarbie said:

He still says it didn't happen . And maybe it didn't but . 

But you think he did? 

It's okay to feel that way. You're not stupid. You weren't born yesterday. I do think you gave him the benefit of the doubt and that's fine too.

Like someone told me once. Your relationship. Your rules. 

12 minutes ago, PoptartBarbie said:

Hahaha even though I'm bi and wanted to sleep with her too.

I feel like that towards a lot of women. I just don't because I'm in a relationship and no matter how hot the girl I'm with. Later on after I've been with them for a while. I try not to make it so obvious. But I look. But I don't touch because I wouldn't want her touching and sleeping with other men. That hurts. 

On 6/23/2021 at 4:14 PM, paperandsky said:

My sister’s boyfriend was a drug addict and hid it from me and the rest of my family until we realized it when he desperately needed money all the time.

Same with my ex wife. She'd sell anything she could get her hands on to the local pawnshops around town to get her fix. I was in denial. I didn't "believe" back then that she could possibly be on som*thing. But she must have. The way she desperately went out of her way to get money and spend it. 

1 hour ago, t*rminated said:

Same with my ex wife. She'd sell anything she could get her hands on to the local pawnshops around town to get her fix. I was in denial. I didn't "believe" back then that she could possibly be on som*thing. But she must have. The way she desperately went out of her way to get money and spend it. 

Sounds familiar. My sister’s ex passed away from a drug o******e due to his addiction years ago. He actually stole my mom’s j**elry and sold it. My sister knew about it and also tried to hide everything he was doing. She even helped him. She never got into the d***s herself though. 

1 minute ago, paperandsky said:

Sounds familiar. My sister’s ex passed away from a drug o******e due to his addiction years ago. He actually stole my mom’s j**elry and sold it. My sister knew about it and also tried to hide everything he was doing. She even helped him. She never got into the d***s herself though. 

I'm sorry that happened. That s*cks. I bet your mother was irate about being stolen from. This whole thing must have stressed you and her out. 

12 minutes ago, t*rminated said:

I'm sorry that happened. That s*cks. I bet your mother was irate about being stolen from. This whole thing must have stressed you and her out. 

It was t*****e. I’m glad I don’t have to deal with that anymore. My sister and I were still living with my mom at the time. He was too, as he had no other place to live. Then he desperately begged my mom for money because he needed to pay his drug dealer. My mom finally kicked them both out. My sister moved into a family friend’s house and he went to rehab. Long story short, he didn’t stay in rehab and had been in rehab multiple times before. When he was out of rehab and he relapsed, and was found d**d from a drug o******e. 

Edited by paperandsky

• Elites

In 2014-2015, I attended Cosmetology school.

I became very good friends with a particular girl, and her and I became inseparable almost instantaneously. We started to text all day long when we weren't physically together, and it almost seemed like we were in a relationship with one another.

We got so close, that at times I would lash out on her because it seemed that she only wanted to hang out with me during school, or directly after school, or skip school entirely, leave in the middle of the day, and it was ALWAYS at my house. It hurt because I really cared for her, and wanted to be apart of her life not just in school, but also outside of it. I definitely could have gone a little easier on her, but the relationship had taken a passionate turn already.

She changed because she knew it was upsetting me that she only seemed to be my "best friend" during school hours.

She always talked about her life with me, as well as I did, exchanging stories, and what-not. We had a very similar personality and we even used to call each other 'twins' (cringe), for the vast amount of 'similarities' we seemed to have.

Still, the times that we hung out were always in my area, or out somewhere that was nowhere near her house, or the friends of hers that she always talked about with me. I always wondered... "Why don't you want to introduce me to them?", "Why haven't I met your mother, but you have met my entire family?", I really just wanted to get to the next level of real friendship (and I will admit, I did have feelings that were more than friends at this point). We used to do everything together. Shower together, had relations. Just "best friends".

One day, actually, the day before my birthday - I noticed she was taking all her belongings from school home. None of us do this, we usually keep all of our items in our locker so we don't risk the chance of not having the correct implement for the next day risking being sent home (yes, strict school).

Now, a bit of a back-story - she was one of those... "me too"-ers. When I told a story about something that happened in my life, she would try and relate to me saying that she went through the same. exact. thing. I thought I had met my soulmate.

Back to the day before my birthday, we were texting normally, and then randomly in the middle of our conversation she texted saying "This relationship no longer serves me. We are no longer friends. Please do not contact me again." I respect anybody that decides this, that is not the problem I have, I just had no context, and it was out of the blue in a very light-hearted conversation, almost as if someone else was dictating it.. I can only speculate.

I was broken. I loved her. I didn't know what to do. We had plans to go down the shore for my birthday that weekend - oh, and the next day was my birthday.

I knew if she was going to do a thing like this, that she wouldn't attend school anymore either. She didn't have any other friends besides me in the class (we were a class of 60), she was very introverted and just wanted me to stick by her side. 

I tend to make friends easily, so I had friends other than her in the class.

She never showed up to school again after this. Yes, she QUIT school over me. You could imagine my frustration. She blocked my phone number, she blocked my Instagram, she blocked my Facebook, she blocked my Twitter, she had ALL of her friends do the same, including her close family members. I just wanted answers. I just want to clarify - no I did not h***ss multiple people in her life. I just noticed this and was very confused. I did nothing that would cause this, I kept trying to think of all things I could have done to make this happen, and I couldn't figure out one single thing.

There was a gentleman that she had dated for a very long time, (one of the "me too" moments we had, discussing previous ab**ive and long-term relationships), and I decided to reach out to him, for my heart was broken, I missed her, and I wanted to know why she would do this to me, with no cause. 

I told him the claims she made about him, and how that was one of the things we bonded over the most, for I thought we had that in common.

I was completely wrong. He told me everything that she stated to me were lies, sent me proof, screenshots, and apologized to me for being lied to for so long by this person. I loved a person I didn't even really know

Sometimes, certain people will go large lengths to tell a story about themselves... that does not even exist.

CURRENT DAY: I wrote her a letter, a few years back, explaining my confusion that day, how hurt I was, and also apologizing for sometimes being an abrasive friend. She actually texted me, from a new number, apologizing also, and said "right person, wrong time". We are not currently friends. But, not enemies. 

• Heart 1

Boyfriend forgot we had plans for me to come over. He wouldn’t let me in at the door. I had suspected that his “really good friend” was someone he was cheating on me with. So I was like “she’s here isn’t she” and he said no. So I said let me come in then. So he did. And we sat on the couch and watched tv. Our plan was for me to spend the night, so when I went toward the bedroom to get to the bathroom he freaked out. So I went “ she’s in there isn’t she” and he said no but that it was just really messy and dangerous. So I used his roommates bathroom. And I slept on the couch. Well I pretended to sleep. But I stayed up. And low and behold in the dark when he thought I was out he  tried to sneak her out of the room to the front door. So I just flipped on the super bright flashlight on my keys and went. 

“you said she wasn’t in there” 

that’s not the biggest lie from this relationship but it’s the least downer. Idk why I stayed as long as I did. 

• Mod

One time my cousin and I made plans to go see a movie and she said she would call me when she was ready to go. So after I finished getting ready, I was waiting on her to call me but it was taking a while so I decided to call her but she didn't answer. I waited a few minutes and called back again and then some dude answered (on her phone) and said I needed to speak to her because we had plans and he said she wasn't there but I could tell he was lying. I knew she was there but I was like whatever and hung up. She's been addicted to d***s so I'm pretty sure she chose doing d***s with her friends over hanging out with me. I never brought that up and don't keep in contact with her.

• Heart 1

An ex internet friend of mine lied about getting into a car accident and needing stitches for a head injury (even faked putting a bandage on).. all to "test how much I care about her"......... she also "pranked" me before about planning to end herself that night to also see how much I care about her. And these aren't the only things she did. She was so tox*c, I'm so happy I cut her out of my life.

On 8/17/2021 at 12:37 PM, bones said:

In 2014-2015, I attended Cosmetology school.

I became very good friends with a particular girl, and her and I became inseparable almost instantaneously. We started to text all day long when we weren't physically together, and it almost seemed like we were in a relationship with one another.

We got so close, that at times I would lash out on her because it seemed that she only wanted to hang out with me during school, or directly after school, or skip school entirely, leave in the middle of the day, and it was ALWAYS at my house. It hurt because I really cared for her, and wanted to be apart of her life not just in school, but also outside of it. I definitely could have gone a little easier on her, but the relationship had taken a passionate turn already.

She changed because she knew it was upsetting me that she only seemed to be my "best friend" during school hours.

She always talked about her life with me, as well as I did, exchanging stories, and what-not. We had a very similar personality and we even used to call each other 'twins' (cringe), for the vast amount of 'similarities' we seemed to have.

Still, the times that we hung out were always in my area, or out somewhere that was nowhere near her house, or the friends of hers that she always talked about with me. I always wondered... "Why don't you want to introduce me to them?", "Why haven't I met your mother, but you have met my entire family?", I really just wanted to get to the next level of real friendship (and I will admit, I did have feelings that were more than friends at this point). We used to do everything together. Shower together, had relations. Just "best friends".

One day, actually, the day before my birthday - I noticed she was taking all her belongings from school home. None of us do this, we usually keep all of our items in our locker so we don't risk the chance of not having the correct implement for the next day risking being sent home (yes, strict school).

Now, a bit of a back-story - she was one of those... "me too"-ers. When I told a story about something that happened in my life, she would try and relate to me saying that she went through the same. exact. thing. I thought I had met my soulmate.

Back to the day before my birthday, we were texting normally, and then randomly in the middle of our conversation she texted saying "This relationship no longer serves me. We are no longer friends. Please do not contact me again." I respect anybody that decides this, that is not the problem I have, I just had no context, and it was out of the blue in a very light-hearted conversation, almost as if someone else was dictating it.. I can only speculate.

I was broken. I loved her. I didn't know what to do. We had plans to go down the shore for my birthday that weekend - oh, and the next day was my birthday.

I knew if she was going to do a thing like this, that she wouldn't attend school anymore either. She didn't have any other friends besides me in the class (we were a class of 60), she was very introverted and just wanted me to stick by her side. 

I tend to make friends easily, so I had friends other than her in the class.

She never showed up to school again after this. Yes, she QUIT school over me. You could imagine my frustration. She blocked my phone number, she blocked my Instagram, she blocked my Facebook, she blocked my Twitter, she had ALL of her friends do the same, including her close family members. I just wanted answers. I just want to clarify - no I did not h***ss multiple people in her life. I just noticed this and was very confused. I did nothing that would cause this, I kept trying to think of all things I could have done to make this happen, and I couldn't figure out one single thing.

There was a gentleman that she had dated for a very long time, (one of the "me too" moments we had, discussing previous ab**ive and long-term relationships), and I decided to reach out to him, for my heart was broken, I missed her, and I wanted to know why she would do this to me, with no cause. 

I told him the claims she made about him, and how that was one of the things we bonded over the most, for I thought we had that in common.

I was completely wrong. He told me everything that she stated to me were lies, sent me proof, screenshots, and apologized to me for being lied to for so long by this person. I loved a person I didn't even really know

Sometimes, certain people will go large lengths to tell a story about themselves... that does not even exist.

CURRENT DAY: I wrote her a letter, a few years back, explaining my confusion that day, how hurt I was, and also apologizing for sometimes being an abrasive friend. She actually texted me, from a new number, apologizing also, and said "right person, wrong time". We are not currently friends. But, not enemies. 

This is heartbreaking 🥲 I would be so confused with how she wanted to end the friendship and with how deep it was. I’m truly sorry you had to experience this and why do people always ruin birthdays, that gets me. Sounds like you were so open and honest, she def didn’t give you the same respect and you still handled it well. If anything it’s a testament to how you’re a good friend and able to have that connection with someone. I relate in several ways, sometimes people want you in their life and they know the only way to do that is to lie or hide things. You deserve more respect, because you clearly give it. I’m happy she apologized though. Sometimes people never get that far, I bet you were very important to her too and she still thinks of you 💞 I know it 💫

• Heart 1

• Elites
6 minutes ago, Rick n morty babe said:

This is heartbreaking 🥲 I would be so confused with how she wanted to end the friendship and with how deep it was. I’m truly sorry you had to experience this and why do people always ruin birthdays, that gets me. Sounds like you were so open and honest, she def didn’t give you the same respect and you still handled it well. If anything it’s a testament to how you’re a good friend and able to have that connection with someone. I relate in several ways, sometimes people want you in their life and they know the only way to do that is to lie or hide things. You deserve more respect, because you clearly give it. I’m happy she apologized though. Sometimes people never get that far, I bet you were very important to her too and she still thinks of you 💞 I know it 💫

Check msgs 🤍

• Star 1