What is your Enneagram personality type?

This is what I got... hahah.

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 12.25.37 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 12.25.25 PM.jpg

Overview

4s are att**cted to authenticity, originality, individuality and artistic expression. They are often sensitive, expressive, passionate and spiritual people who look to make the world nice. They have a deep emotional connection with their own world and with others. They try to understand themselves and others in a deep and authentic way. 4s are very sensitive to feelings of suffering, both towards themselves as to others. They are also very imaginative, and when they come out of their world of dreams, their imaginary world, they can become true sources of inspiration. 4s feel most alive when they are able to creatively express their uniqueness through their own experiences and passionate feelings.

Avoidance compulsion

4s look at all costs, and sometimes subconsciously, to avoid banality. They do everything they can to avoid feeling rejected, insignificant, misunderstood and inauthentic. Deep down, they fear being undesirable with their differences removed, and being emotionally abandoned.

Center of attention and motivation

4’s attention is mainly focused on the past, the future, what is difficult to come by (they have a burning desire for the impossible) and for what is missing. They focus on finding the meaning of things. They are very sensitive to feelings of nostalgia.
4s are motivated by artistic expression, are drawn to originality, authenticity and want to make the world pretty. They need to be recognised for their artistry and have a strong sense of individuality. They need to express their creativity in order to feel good.

Vice and defense mechanism

When they are in the grips of their compulsion (avoiding banality), 4s’ ego makes them envious. They compare themselves a lot to others and are quick to become envious when others have what they are missing: relationships, happiness or recognition. Their defence mechanism is introjection. They internalize hurtful thoughts to protect themselves: they interpret hurtful feelings from outside factors as if they came from inside. They sometimes “absorb” important people through introjection to make it seem that these people are a part of them. For example, if someone who means a lot to a 4 criticises them, the type 4 could introject it to make it seem like the criticism is coming from within themselves. Type 4s often tend to introject bad experiences and thus have the feeling that they are managing them better.

In harmony

When they are at peace with themselves and manage their compulsion, 4s are expressive, introspective, empathetic, compassionate, idealistic and passionate.
They are at ease when they can freely express important feelings of theirs, and when others accept them as they are. Then, they lean towards their integration type (type 1) and the positive traits of the latter are adopted into their behaviour. Thus they become more rational, neat, objective, realistic and organised.

In imbalance

In the grips of their compulsion, 4s can become more moody, emotionally unstable, fickle, melancholic and egocentric.
If the situation doesn’t improve, they tend to lean towards their disintegration type (type 2) and the negative traits of the latter are adopted into their behaviours. In this case, they can become more reactive, compulsive, hysterical and desperate.

Wings

Type 4’s neighbouring types are types 3 and 5. The “wing” is the neighbouring type which seems to have the most influence on the base type.
4w3s are extraverted, ambitious and dynamic, but can also worry more about their image and be elitist.
4w5s are more introverted, enigmatic and intellectual, but can also be more depressive and solitary.

There's a lot of spelling errors? Fun 🙂

• Heart 2
  • Star 1

• Elites

Hmm

7C9BF0D4-E7D0-44F4-AA7F-9B410DAEC7DE.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Leaf_ said:

Hmm

Type 7

The epicurean, the adventurer

Phoebe Buffay (Friends)

Tyrion Lannister (GOT)

The Joker (Batman)

Overview

7s are motivated by the need to live life to the full, and to have fun. They live life like it’s an adventure, and are constantly planning new experiences, even while they are living one. They often want to try the maximum number of things that draws their interest, they never want to miss som*thing accessible to them that is pleasant and enjoyable. They are extroverted, energetic, creative, playful and optimistic beings with a great sense of humour. They like sharing their good mood and often try to help those more serious, to relax and laugh more. 7s are rather independent beings and do not appreciate restrictions or being told what to do. They need freedom, variety and multiple options both in their work and personal lives. Rather than going up against authority, they find ways of going around it. Their bright smile and spirit means they often have the gift of avoiding and calming conflicts.

Avoidance compulsion

7s look at all costs, and sometimes subconsciously, to avoid suffering. They do everything they can to avoid sadness, emotional hurt, frustration, boundaries, constraints and boredom.

7s’ attention is mainly focused on planning a positive future, making fun and enjoyable plans and keeping several options open. They want to be happy, try lots of things, and become nervous when they don’t have anything to do or only have one possible option.
They are motivated by fun and varied experiences, they want to try as many things as possible that life has to offer them and want to make the world more enjoyable to live in. They need to be positive and optimistic. They can undertake improvised projects and need flexible plans.

When they are in the grips of their compulsion (avoiding suffering), their ego makes them moody and greedy: “is more fun not better?”. Whatever the type of pleasure is, they want more of it and don’t stop until they are tired of it. They thus find it very difficult to resist if som*thing fun is suggested to them. Their defence mechanism is to rationalise: this can often be translated as their ease in reformulating things into positive terms. In terms of a defence mechanism, rationalising enables them to find good reasons to do what they want to do, and to see things how they want them to be believed. For example, if a 7 should not drink a certain drink because of health issues, with the temptation, they could easily say themselves “It’s okay, it’s only a small glass”. Thus, they find a justification which stops them from feeling bad about their behaviour. It can however sometimes distance them from their true motivations.

In harmony

When they are at peace with themselves and manage their compulsion, 7s are positive, imaginative, playful, good-humoured, curious, joyful, very energetic, helpful, humanitarian, spontaneous and creative.
They are at ease when their need to find pleasure is satisfied, and when they feel free. Then, they lean towards their integration type (type 5) and the latter’s positive traits are incorporated into their behaviour. Thus, they become more analytical, autonomous, focused, observant and pay more attention to detail.

In imbalance

In the grips of their compulsion, 7s can become evasive, egocentric, disengaged, compulsive, erratic, agitated and indifferent to others’ feelings.
If the situation doesn’t improve, they lean towards their disintegration type (type 1) and the latter’s negative traits are incorporated into their behaviour. They can thus become more authoritarian, rigid, critical, difficult and demanding.

Wings

Type 7’s neighbouring types are 6 and 8. The “wing” is the neighbouring type that appears to have the most influence on the base type.
7w6s are more responsible, good at relationships and cooperative, but can also be more anxious and fragile. 
7w8s are more independent, determined and confident but can also be more excessive and materialistic.

• Star 2

8 hours ago, Leaf_ said:

Hmm

Type 7

The epicurean, the adventurer

Phoebe Buffay (Friends)

Tyrion Lannister (GOT)

The Joker (Batman)

Overview

7s are motivated by the need to live life to the full, and to have fun. They live life like it’s an adventure, and are constantly planning new experiences, even while they are living one. They often want to try the maximum number of things that draws their interest, they never want to miss som*thing accessible to them that is pleasant and enjoyable. They are extroverted, energetic, creative, playful and optimistic beings with a great sense of humour. They like sharing their good mood and often try to help those more serious, to relax and laugh more. 7s are rather independent beings and do not appreciate restrictions or being told what to do. They need freedom, variety and multiple options both in their work and personal lives. Rather than going up against authority, they find ways of going around it. Their bright smile and spirit means they often have the gift of avoiding and calming conflicts.

Avoidance compulsion

7s look at all costs, and sometimes subconsciously, to avoid suffering. They do everything they can to avoid sadness, emotional hurt, frustration, boundaries, constraints and boredom.

7s’ attention is mainly focused on planning a positive future, making fun and enjoyable plans and keeping several options open. They want to be happy, try lots of things, and become nervous when they don’t have anything to do or only have one possible option.
They are motivated by fun and varied experiences, they want to try as many things as possible that life has to offer them and want to make the world more enjoyable to live in. They need to be positive and optimistic. They can undertake improvised projects and need flexible plans.

When they are in the grips of their compulsion (avoiding suffering), their ego makes them moody and greedy: “is more fun not better?”. Whatever the type of pleasure is, they want more of it and don’t stop until they are tired of it. They thus find it very difficult to resist if som*thing fun is suggested to them. Their defence mechanism is to rationalise: this can often be translated as their ease in reformulating things into positive terms. In terms of a defence mechanism, rationalising enables them to find good reasons to do what they want to do, and to see things how they want them to be believed. For example, if a 7 should not drink a certain drink because of health issues, with the temptation, they could easily say themselves “It’s okay, it’s only a small glass”. Thus, they find a justification which stops them from feeling bad about their behaviour. It can however sometimes distance them from their true motivations.

In harmony

When they are at peace with themselves and manage their compulsion, 7s are positive, imaginative, playful, good-humoured, curious, joyful, very energetic, helpful, humanitarian, spontaneous and creative.
They are at ease when their need to find pleasure is satisfied, and when they feel free. Then, they lean towards their integration type (type 5) and the latter’s positive traits are incorporated into their behaviour. Thus, they become more analytical, autonomous, focused, observant and pay more attention to detail.

In imbalance

In the grips of their compulsion, 7s can become evasive, egocentric, disengaged, compulsive, erratic, agitated and indifferent to others’ feelings.
If the situation doesn’t improve, they lean towards their disintegration type (type 1) and the latter’s negative traits are incorporated into their behaviour. They can thus become more authoritarian, rigid, critical, difficult and demanding.

Wings

Type 7’s neighbouring types are 6 and 8. The “wing” is the neighbouring type that appears to have the most influence on the base type.
7w6s are more responsible, good at relationships and cooperative, but can also be more anxious and fragile. 
7w8s are more independent, determined and confident but can also be more excessive and materialistic.

I feel like most of this is relatable. I often want to feel "free". I enjoy just experiencing new things, and meeting new people...I will always help when I see or feel it's needed. I definitely keep moving in a lot of ways.. But it's true that I become bored or anxious when everything seems repetitive. I try to avoid conflict, or hurt through humor, or creative ways. I feel like I'm in need of more balance sometimes, because I feel either drained, or incomplete in some ways. ❤ This was interesting to read 🌟

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Elites
16 hours ago, brittniisundae said:

I feel like most of this is relatable. I often want to feel "free". I enjoy just experiencing new things, and meeting new people...I will always help when I see or feel it's needed. I definitely keep moving in a lot of ways.. But it's true that I become bored or anxious when everything seems repetitive. I try to avoid conflict, or hurt through humor, or creative ways. I feel like I'm in need of more balance sometimes, because I feel either drained, or incomplete in some ways. ❤ This was interesting to read 🌟

Right it’s like this fits but wrap it up in an introvert’s protection shell. I get caught up in fun but I feel like how this explains it is like I’m irresponsible which is definitely not it. There’s just so much in life good and bad why dwel in the bad and not try to make the best of everything. Orderly chaos is a way I like to explain it as!

• Star 2

I got....(which I happen to agree on)

9s are pleasant, peaceful, natural and modest beings and without any claims, which can almost make them appear to have no ego. They are open-minded, serene and patient. They are motivated by the need to preserve their peaceful mindness and h**e conflict. They desire union, harmony, unconditional love and get along with most people that they meet. In relationships, they tend to have an attitude to leave things as they are because they are very tolerant and accept others as they are. They don’t like promoting themselves, and would rather be discovered than showcase themselves. They are empathetic, very good at seeing things from another point of view and pay more attention to similarities rather than differences. They often have the ability to be very good mediators.

sfsfSaVASV.PNG

• Star 2

On 6/21/2021 at 8:38 PM, OldGreqq said:

Take the Enneagram personality test to see what type you are!

https://enneagram.bz/en

Screenshot_20210621-203309_Gallery.thumb.jpg.58f970c67ff610adc74177c4520f4086.jpg

I am Type 1: the ethical, the perfectionist.

Fictional characters with the same personality type are Hermione, Gandalf, and Spock.

It will give long description of your type when you take the quiz.

Screenshot_20210621-203347_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ce10eeccadb297907ad1055d7179f3f4.jpg

I never posted the full description of a 1, and so I decided to post it since we have so many different results. I think it's interesting to see all the different results! 🙂💜

Overview

1s look to live in a perfect world and work hard to make themselves, everyone and everything around them better. They are reasonable and conscientious beings who have good self-control, to the point that they are able to exercise restraint on their own impulses, emotions or desires. Whatever they do, they do it to the best of their ability, based on high levels of professionalism, competence, principle, honesty and integrity. They are disciplined, organized and are often very hard workers. They are passionate about the idea of making the world a better place for everyone and take their work very seriously. They are prepared to give everything to a cause they believe in.

Avoidance compulsion

1s try, often subconsciously, to avoid internal anger at all costs. Being perfectionists directed by morals and ethics, they have a voice inside their head that criticises everything wrong that they do. They try at all costs to avoid mistakes that would put their competence and trust in doubt.

1s’ attention focuses on the environment, which they look to improve. They pick up on the imperfections and are naturally inspired to rectify them. Thus, they pay a lot of attention to detail and look to maintain very high standards.
1s are motivated by developing the quality of what they do and are always looking to improve. Their actions are based on their norms, morals and principles. They feel the need to live in an honest way and are always pushing to improve themselves, others and everything that surrounds them.

When their compulsion takes over (to avoid mistakes), 1s’ ego pushes them to their vice: resentment: to correct all the mistakes they encounter in order to get closer to perfection. They thus have internal anger because to them nothing seems as fair as it should be, and in the same way their defence mechanism: reaction formation, pushes them to suppress this anger with great effort, because to them it is a lack of self control. If they judge their temptations to be the cause of their anguish, they will do the opposite of the latter: if they are tempted to soften their workload, they will work harder. When their compulsion takes over, they can become irritable and critical towards those who do not respect their high moral standard and their need for organisation and structure.

In harmony

When they are in harmony with themselves and manage their compulsion, 1s are conscientious, dedicated to what they do, responsible, honest, trustworthy and helpful.
They are at ease when everything is running in an organised manner and follows the rules. Especially when things move forward faster than expected. Then, they reach out to their integration type (type 7), and the latter’s positive traits are incorporated into their own behaviour. This way, they can become more joyful, fun and spiritual. They become more creative, less conservative and more open to anything new.

In imbalance

In the grips of their compulsion, 1s can become inflexible, irritated, too critical, rigid and suppress their emotions.
If the situation doesn’t sort itself out, they lean towards their disintegration type (type 4) and the negative traits of the latter are incorporated into their own behaviour. In this way, they fold in on themselves, feeling misunderstood, and believe that their efforts go unnoticed. They fall into a sad mood, thinking that they made an effort for nothing.

Wings

The neighboring types of type 1 are types 2 and 9. The “wing” is the neighbouring type that seems to have the greatest influence on the base type.
1w9s are more relaxed, natural and objective but can also be more stubborn and detached.
1w2s are warmer, more helpful and empathetic but can also be more manipulative.

I also think their aren't any real "misspellings." It's just the difference between European / British English and American English. Americans spell things differently is all. This particular site is most likely designed by someone who is British or some other English speaking European. 

On 7/18/2021 at 3:26 PM, Onision said:

This is what I got... hahah.

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 12.25.37 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 12.25.25 PM.jpg

There's a lot of spelling errors? Fun 🙂

822719041deef1d15df307cacb8ede4d.thumb.jpg.c12ed2be86dc817ba95cb0e97bb0b459.jpg

• Star 1