Pros And Cons of Being Single

Well, I'll jump on this grenade since no one else has. 

One of the biggest perks of being single is personal freedom and being independent. I don't have to be as concerned with what I say or do; there's no one else's opinion to weigh in and affect my choices. I can pick up and go where I want to go at the drop of a hat, no planning required.

Being single gives me more time with my friends and family. It also makes it easier to make friends because I have more time to devote to fostering new relationships. It also makes it easier to make guy friends because I don't have to worry about anyone being jealous.

It also gives me more time for myself. More time to do the things I enjoy or explore new things I'm interested in.

I get better sleep when I'm single. I'm an insomniac so sleep for me is hard to come by and even more difficult when sleeping with someone else. There's no one to hog the bed / covers, or snore, or get up randomly in the middle of the night and wake me up.

Believe it or not, I spend less and save more with being single. I have only myself and my income to depend on and no one helping with the bills, so I tend to be more frugal with my money. 

Last of all, I think being single has kept me in better shape. That shouldn't be an excuse for healthy living, but I'm more concerned with how I look when I'm single, than I am when I'm in a long term committed relationship. Not that I've ever "let myself go," I just keep an eye on myself more so when I'm single.

Edited by OldGreqq
Typo
  • Heart 2

On 6/21/2021 at 10:46 AM, t*rminated said:

What are the perks of being single?

It depends, a person should feel comfortable with themselves and shouldn’t be fully defined by the people they choose to have in their life. I know for myself that I have had the best luck by having it that if a person wants to be in my life they have to earn it and earn my trust.😆

38 minutes ago, Onision said:

When I was single I could not function so... for me I don't really have a choice. I need love.

frustrated black and white GIF

I wanted to be single for a while. So I stayed single for over 9 months I believe. I'd gone through so many g*rls from Online dating that I was burned out. A lot of them were complicated or tox*c individuals.

Some came off with some  issues here and there. And after being married for almost 12 years and getting divorced. The last thing I wanted to do is sh*ck up with another woman who I'd end up yet again  coming home to fight with over bullsh*it. I just didn't feel that kind of headache was worth it.

So I spent 9 months alone depressed and contemplating s*uicide.

• Elites

Only pro to being single vs in a healthy relationship is I guess not getting overly emotionally invested in people incase it ends badly.
Con could be not having that major emotional connection with people lol friends are cool but relationships are deeper and just different. Also adult time for me only happens while in a relationship so yeah

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, OldGreqq said:

Well, I'll jump on this grenade since no one else has. 

One of the biggest perks of being single is personal freedom and being independent. I don't have to be as concerned with what I say or do; there's no one else's opinion to weigh in and affect my choices. I can pick up and go where I want to go at the drop of a hat, no planning required.

Being single gives me more time with my friends and family. It also makes it easier to make friends because I have more time to devote to fostering new relationships. It also makes it easier to make guy friends because I don't have to worry about anyone being jealous.

It also gives me more time for myself. More time to do the things I enjoy or explore new things I'm interested in.

I get better sleep when I'm single. I'm an insomniac so sleep for me is hard to come by and even more difficult when sleeping with someone else. There's no one to hog the bed / covers, or snore, or get up randomly in the middle of the night and wake me up.

Believe it or not, I spend less and save more with being single. I have only myself and my income to depend on and no one helping with the bills, so I tend to be more frugal with my money. 

Last of all, I think being single has kept me in better shape. That shouldn't be an excuse for healthy living, but I'm more concerned with how I look when I'm single, than I am when I'm in a long term committed relationship. Not that I've ever "let myself go," I just keep an eye on myself more so when I'm single.

I love this post. I have always been single because I did not wanted to date people that wanted to date me, because that would be being dishonest if you are not fully into someone else for dating and the other person wants to, you better express yourself.

From my perspective, my heart is like "an open high way" now,  but I like spending time with myself. I had been in love with someone else but things did not work so there were no "next steps" taking.

Seeing someone not "demonizing" not dating people just makes me more chill. In my surroundings I've seen it all, from falling in love and having a nice experience with someone else, to getting a partner just because of the sake of getting one.

At the end of the day, you do youuhh!!!

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Black Pearl said:

I am a committed celibate. I'm not a***ual but I abstain from having ***. Past casual encounters have left me feeling used and lacking in self worth, and even the whole friends with benefits came with a whole heap of deception that could have put my ***ual health at risk due to his deceptive motives. My long term relationships have been very disastrous too, and I have no trust in my judgement to try again. 

I am similar in this way, but not completely. I have stopped trying to date and seeking out relationships. I have also chosen to be celibate because I don't want to sleep around or have friends with benefits. It ends up making me feel used, and honestly, kind of dirty and wh*rish. I've been single for about a year and a half and celibate for about 2.5 years.

Sure, sometimes I get lonely and wish for that type of intimate connection. Sometimes there's things I want to do that aren't really any fun to do alone, so I miss out on some activities I want to do when no one's available. Those are really the only cons to being single in my opinion. 

I won't say I've sworn off relationships completely, but I've stopped dating, stopped seeking out relationships, stopped looking at anyone as dateable material so to speak. I've been flirted with and I flirt back because it's fun. There's always feelers people put out there to gage if I'm interested or not before they ask me out, so I usually shut them down before they even ask. In a nice way of course. Just making a comment that I'm not interested in dating right now usually does the trick. I haven't encountered someone asking me right out before putting out the feelers, so I haven't had to turn someone down outright yet. I guess I'm not approachable in that way. Maybe I put off some kind of vibe I'm not aware of, lol.

I don't plan on being single forever though. I'm just more aware of my red flags and what I'm not willing accept. I won't make the mistake anymore of just jumping into a relationship because I find someone att**ctive. I have to get to know a person first. Like REALLY know them so I can tell if they're a good fit, to make an honest assessment of their character. In return, they have to also get to know me. I'm a complicated person that has issues someone might not want to deal with. I'd rather they figure that out beforehand so I don't wind up getting hurt if it's som*thing they don't want to deal with. I just haven't found anyone yet that has even remotely piqued my interest in that way yet... beyond just a superficial ***ual att**ction and that's not enough anymore. 

1 hour ago, Amanda K said:

Being single now the pros is you always got you the cons. I’m so incredibly lonely I need love and cuddles 😿 

Having a fur baby helps with the love and cuddles! I would be much more lonely if I didn't have my kitties to love on.

10 minutes ago, OldGreqq said:

Having a fur baby helps with the love and cuddles! I would be much more lonely if I didn't have my kitties to love on.

I do have my cats it helps or I’ll admit I like to sleep with my plushies I have 

1 hour ago, Definitely_different said:

I don’t enjoy being single at all! Being alone is a struggle. I just want someone to play video games with and cuddle! 

You should look into dating sims. They can be emotionally fulfilling without the need for someone who is just going to betray you/try to harm ya IRL.

My general plan is if stuff doesn't work out for me doesn't involve replacing one confirmed problematic human with another potentially problematic human.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

On 7/10/2021 at 2:31 AM, brittniisundae said:

I have a thing for decorating. I like my place to feel and look a certain way. When you invite someone into your life who can be extremely opposite, you have to compromise. I like the 50/50 idea, but don't take down my things. 😂

When my girlfriend moved in. She decorated the entire house. Now we have pictures of us and the k***s up and everything. \

When I first moved into my home 10 months ago. The walls were bare and barely anything was up in the house. No photos nothing. Then 2 months later I got with her and she was diligently and slowly adding things as we've been together. 

• Star 1

29 minutes ago, Mr.Dawn said:

When my girlfriend moved in. She decorated the entire house. Now we have pictures of us and the k***s up and everything. \

When I first moved into my home 10 months ago. The walls were bare and barely anything was up in the house. No photos nothing. Then 2 months later I got with her and she was diligently and slowly adding things as we've been together. 

That is so sweet 😍 I swear the more I hear, it just sounds even more lovely.