Ever been catfished?

• Elites

Yeah... It was very obvious because it was the usual "tumblr boi" photos and when I looked it up, it was the EXACT same photo and boy. And when I confronted him about it, he continued to lie about it, until a week later he came clean and showed his real face. I'm all for the personality so it didn't matter, but he did lie so it hurt me that he lied. He broke up with me, and I later found out he was cheating on me the entire time so lmao.

I can't say that I have for sure. I've only tried the online dating thing for a period of time once. Everyone I opted to meet in person looked like their photos, so I guess I was lucky. That doesn't mean that some of the people I talked to and didn't actually meet weren't catfishing me and I just didn't know it. But maybe that's why I chose not to meet them because they were giving me weird vibes.

4 hours ago, Onision said:

Yes… I mean people tried photoshopping themselves and it was obvious, so I saw through it.

I had an ex that tried doing that to me many times on Plenty of Fish. I saw right through her games. It was a major factor in us breaking up. I couldn't keep putting up with her sociopathic behavior. It wasn't healthy for me or my k*ids.

• Elites

Yes, twice!

The first one called himself, Jason and sent me pictures of a guy that wasn’t him, the whole family and everything. Well once I found out the truth, Jason was actually Jessica in real life, I actually stayed in the relationship because of the live I felt for him and met him In person. (Jessica was transgender). But the lies never stopped. I bought flight tickets, rented two hotel rooms and rented a car to fly to him then fly back to my house, he decided two days before that he didn’t want to do that. I ended the relationship afterwards. Too many lies and betrayal. 

The second one did pretty much the same exact thing, even after I had poured my heart out to her about what I had gone through with Jason/ Jessica. She had sent me pictures of a guy and it was a girl in real life that is a lesbian and she was engaged to her g/f of 10 years! When I found out the truth she got pissed because I ended it instantly and she did a lot of messed up stuff to try and ruin my life (illegal things that I won’t go into). 

Don’t trust anyone that will not cam with you or meet in person! Question everything and constantly watch for red flags!