Do you like the beach??

• Elites

If you like the beach, what do you like to do? If you don’t, what do you prefer to do when the weather is hot? 

I like to explore at the beach. I take home a few rocks and cool shells every time I go to the beach. I also love the water but sometimes get paranoid about ocean beasts and the unknown 😅

• Heart 1
  • Star 3

• Elites
7 minutes ago, k*itlind said:

I love the beach, although I haven't been in a long time. I like getting in the ocean and swimming with the waves. I also like the way the sand feels when walking on it.

I go almost everyday, and I live in New England so it’s not always ideal haha. My coworkers are always shocked that I have more pictures from the beach when it’s not even THAT warm. Do you just swim on your own or do you use boogie boards or anything since you go for the waves? 

• Elites
3 minutes ago, Allycat said:

I dont know how to swim so I do my best to avoid getting close Dog Swimming GIF by The Dodo

Safety is the best priority to have!  

I also like listening to music and laying in the sand. Maybe reading a book. Alternatives to the water! 

• Star 1

No, nope, and a heeeell no for good measure. In highschool I went on a youth group trip to Mazatlan, Mexico. There was a small island off the coast that they took us to by speed boat one day. We were all taking turns being pulled on a banana boat by the speed boat just off the coast of this mini island. Obviously everyone is horsing around and trying to tip it or flip it, which of course happened many times. When my turn came, and my group was tipped into the water, it was shortly followed by everyone screaming. Why, might you ask? We had all fallen into a school of jellyfish. It wasn't the lethal kind and nobody had to go to the hospital or anything, but we all ended up with small red welts / burns on our feet and legs.

I have completely hated the beach since that day. Not to mention sand gets all over and sticks to everything - annoying. Sand in the butt crack is no bueno. 

Give me a lake or river any day.

671528917_ParasailingBananaBoatandTubeRideTicketinSharmElSheikh.thumb.jpg.a67108bcb83e418147e06816d47ba1e9.jpg

32 minutes ago, brittniisundae said:

I love this response 🤣 you're the best. Omg ❤❤❤

lol 😂 I love you new friend:3 you’re the best. It’s understandable that people don’t like the beach though. I just happen to live in bfe Indiana . And have only been a handful of times . And as someone who was a competitive swimmer , swimming’s a strong suit and one of my favorite activities ^-^ . Even though beach swimming is way different than pool swimming. Also it’s just effing beautiful. How can you not love life completely looking at a beach. 

• Star 1

1 minute ago, PoptartBarbie said:

lol 😂 I love you new friend:3 you’re the best. It’s understandable that people don’t like the beach though. I just happen to live in bfe Indiana . And have only been a handful of times . And as someone who was a competitive swimmer , swimming’s a strong suit and one of my favorite activities ^-^ . Even though beach swimming is way different than pool swimming. Also it’s just effing beautiful. How can you not love life completely looking at a beach. 

I feel you! I'm not that far away from you, so I get it. I ❤ swimming & you're so right. It's way different. It is beautiful! Much love, new friend! 😊 you're definitely not alone in this. Thanks for putting that smile on my face ❤

• Heart 1

I actually like going to the beach when the sun is going down but I don’t go far into the ocean since I can’t swim. I like building sand castles and doing other activities.

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

• Elites
10 hours ago, Minty said:

I actually like going to the beach when the sun is going down but I don’t go far into the ocean since I can’t swim. I like building sand castles and doing other activities.

I like building little sand castles and finding hermit crabs to put in them so the hermit crabs feel powerful. 😂 (I always put the crabs back in the water and do this where the tide is still hitting so they don’t dry out) 

2 hours ago, Sierra said:

God no. I h**e hot weather/the sun and sand, lakes are gr*ss, and the ocean scares me. Lol

that’s fair! Lakes aren’t my favorite but honestly any type of beach I can usually get behind. As long as it’s not actually horrific? The ocean can be super horrifying that’s for sure. To each their own!! 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

Yes and no. I lived in Florida for 11 months. Went to waterparks and several beaches. It lost it's splendor and got old after awhile. For a while there was a red algae bloom that made everyone sick and then there was a huge swath of jellyfish coming in so you didn't really want to head in. Not if you wanted to get stung and I wasn't about to do that. 

grew up in san diego, CA   and went to the beach alllllll the time   now I live in the midwest & there's no ocean 😭😭 breaks my heart but I'll move back soon enough 🌴

terrified of what lurks in the water tho  i get very anxious at the thought of that 😅😂

• Heart 2

I am a water sign and the ocean is everything to me 💙 I love to swim and dive for things, love collecting shells, feeling the sand, looking for crab friends 🦀 and just enjoying the salty air and waves 🌊 I would love to live by the beach someday, the sound would make me feel so happy and at ease 😌

ocean sunset GIF by Living Stills

• Heart 1

• Elites
18 minutes ago, Rick n morty babe said:

I am a water sign and the ocean is everything to me 💙 I love to swim and dive for things, love collecting shells, feeling the sand, looking for crab friends 🦀 and just enjoying the salty air and waves 🌊 I would love to live by the beach someday, the sound would make me feel so happy and at ease 😌

ocean sunset GIF by Living Stills

The ocean just puts so much in perspective for me for whatever reason. I think it’s the giant terrifying space mixed with how natural it is for everything in the ocean to exist??? Like the realization of how small I am when I am at the ocean is wonderful. It’s calming. I hope this makes sense.

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, Brookeireland said:

The ocean just puts so much in perspective for me for whatever reason. I think it’s the giant terrifying space mixed with how natural it is for everything in the ocean to exist??? Like the realization of how small I am when I am at the ocean is wonderful. It’s calming. I hope this makes sense.

Definitely makes sense, I love to look out on the ocean and see how it seemingly never ends. It for sure reminds us that we are small. It’s a terrifyingly beautiful piece of nature and I adore how our ocean is ruled by the moon 🌙 that’s my zodiacs planet or satellite technically. Love what you said about the hermit crabs ! That’s so cool 😎 we’d have fun at the beach I bet 💞

• Heart 1

• Elites
1 hour ago, Onision said:

I have only been to Pacific Ocean beaches… which means darker water… not so majestic.

The Simpsons Cartoon GIF
That just means the ocean monsters have more power

1 hour ago, summerlusk said:

Best beaches I’ve been to are in Maui. I love how blue the water is. My picture was too big and I had to downsize it. It looks better bigger. 😣

172369FC-B79F-40D4-8F3A-037FDFB80F7A.jpeg.ed5a24e54bfe4358fa6fb1d54b9ab14f.jpeg

I’ve never actually been to a blue looking beach, and that’s awesome. I go to beaches where the whole time I’m like “is it a large rock or a horseshoe crab???” And I won’t know unless I pick it up. Need a fat shower after that. 

An example of a local beach 

CB13A969-0182-4DDB-928D-CD7E87EA7C3B.jpeg

• Star 1
  • Funny 1

I love the beach but the beaches i go to in the gulf of mexico are normally pretty green / brown and definitely not clear, walking into the water is scary when you have anxiety. I’m always scared i’m going to step on a crab or fish or something dangerous.