What is your job? Do you go to school?

I'm a Warehouse Sup*rvisor at an aircraft maintenance facility, which has nothing to do with my college degree. I have BS in Accounting/Finance. I haven't made the jump from where I'm currently at to a career where my degree is because I'm not ready to take a pay cut just yet. I would have to start at the bottom and work my way up if I changed fields. I've been in a logistics type specialty for over 10 years so I don't do too bad financially where I'm at. I'm going to make the career jump once my son is done with college (giving away my age here, but I had him young) and I don't have that financial burden anymore. 

On 6/24/2021 at 10:54 PM, Sierra said:

Quit my office job where I had to work 10-12 hrs a day for $12/hr  last week and I'm working as a dancer again 🥰🥰🥰 haven't danced since last summer bc covid so kinda nervous but happy I'm doing som*thing I know well (been a dancer since I was 19)

Saving up then next year moving to UK for studies

Maybe my life isn't ruined after all?

Congrats! All life experiences are only temporary anyway. It's only ruined if it's cut short, like you pass away. Everything else is an opportunity to learn and grow even if it isn't what we want. 

What style of dance do you do or will be doing? 

• Elites

I’m an air force medic.  I worked ICU for 4 years and I loved it so I am going to school because I am being kicked out for mental health reasons.  Going to use my experience to challenge the LVN/LPN board so I can at least make a decent paycheck while I am in classes.I am currently pursuing nursing to get back to the ICU one day but have been trying to decide if I will stick with it or switch to a new career field entirely.  

Our (Me and my Partner) "Vanilla" Job is Independet sub contractor Game and graphic Design, Video and photography aswell as 3d modelling in General with some community Management and administration mixxed in 

Besides that we Do a little bit of *cough* ***working 🤷🏻‍♀️ but thats more of a Hobby and to finance some small Extras since our c***d eats up our Main income xD 

Currently a prep cook which isn’t too bad, really excited to go back to school in August to work on my Bachelors in Communications. I want to be a social worker, at one point I even wanted to teach special needs k***s because of my sister. She’s my whole world and it truly takes a lot of patience to work with special needs k***s. An amazing field though 🙂

On 7/10/2021 at 3:45 PM, Skoobie123 said:

Currently a prep cook which isn’t too bad, really excited to go back to school in August to work on my Bachelors in Communications. I want to be a social worker, at one point I even wanted to teach special needs k***s because of my sister. She’s my whole world and it truly takes a lot of patience to work with special needs k***s. An amazing field though 🙂

Special props for you! Getting into social work, or even being a special needs teacher if you decide to go that route, takes a special kind of person with a huge heart and a lot of patience. That speaks loads to your character and the world needs more people like you. Good luck with school in the fall! 

I take care of two ch*ldren with additional needs, it's not a particularly well paid job but I absolutely love it. I am very close to their parents now too and it really feels more like spending time with family than being at work. 

I have qualifications in ch*ldcare, ch*ldren and young people's mental health and health and social care.