What is your job? Do you go to school?

16 minutes ago, RavenChey said:

Stay at home mommy😊

I know they say it's a hard job, but people who get to see their kids grow up are really lucky.

12 minutes ago, Buttonz said:

I work at a internet café, selling computer usage to people boring job

That's cool actually... I mean, there are always better jobs, but definitely much worse jobs.

• Blank 1

Have a fine arts degree & paralegal degree, most working experience (13+  years) in mental health field..... I'm always in school picking up a new trade/s**** you never know when you might need it since the pandemic brought up major issues of job security. Always doing something law related with freelance....

• Heart 3

Posted (edited)

I go to school. Learn how computers works and how I can fix them even consols and phones! 

I wanted to go in the military, when I got the little ome. I changed plans. Stopt my training there. 

I'm also a single mom. Hard work but I get there! I want a good future for me and my little one. 

spacer.png

Edited by cool.dus.niet

59 minutes ago, MelVee said:

Have a fine arts degree & paralegal degree, most working experience (13+  years) in mental health field..... I'm always in school picking up a new trade/s**** you never know when you might need it since the pandemic brought up major issues of job security. Always doing something law related with freelance....

So you're basically really smart with your life decisions.

22 minutes ago, cool.dus.niet said:

I go to school. Learn how computers works and how I can fix them even consols and phones! 

I wanted to go in the military, when I got the little ome. I changed plans. Stopt my training there. 

I'm also a single mom. Hard work but I get there! I want a good future for me and my little one. 

spacer.png

Pretty awesome you're in school. Bright future ahead most likely 😛

I work in a sandwich shop. My boss is awesome and my coworkers are really nice. It's a nice change of pace to the other jobs I've had. I've been a housekeeper in a hotel, a Walmart associate (I do not recommend it), a temp-housekeeper in an assisted living, a fruit inspector for the WSDA/USDA, five years at four different fruit sheds sorting cherries, and an assistant cook/dishwasher at a camp. 

• Heart 1

On 5/13/2021 at 11:00 PM, Alicely said:

I work in a sandwich shop. My boss is awesome and my coworkers are really nice. It's a nice change of pace to the other jobs I've had. I've been a housekeeper in a hotel, a Walmart associate (I do not recommend it), a temp-housekeeper in an assisted living, a fruit inspector for the WSDA/USDA, five years at four different fruit sheds sorting cherries, and an assistant cook/dishwasher at a camp. 

Do you guys make REALLY GOOD sandwiches? Anything special? Or just meat stuff?

23 hours ago, Invispara said:

I'm an insurance agent, which is comfortable because it's work from home.

Do you like this job? Are people ever rude to you?

7 hours ago, chompy said:

I work in a chocolate factory

Please talk more about this... sounds awesome.

21 hours ago, Onision said:

There's always rude people in every job that deals in customer service. The job itself is alright, but I know I can do better, so I'm trying to find something better.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I'm lucky enough to be working from home as a Sales Adviser. 
It's not the most thrilling and honestly not where I want to be in life, but it's fine for the situation I'm in and it pays the bills.

Won't stop me from searching endlessly for opportunities to get in to something like Graphic Design or Tattooing, or something regarding Animal Care. 

Definitely a very easy job and one I'm grateful for, although potentially only temporary with an unknown end date. 😊😊

Posted (edited)

Currently, I am going to college to become an English Teacher with a minor in psychology. I begin student teaching in a year and a half, and I hope to begin my actual teaching career directly afterwards. I had a job as a cashier while trying to do school at the same time, but then the pandemic hit and as an employee I was furloughed (temporarily laid off). I was called back later in the semester and couldn't go because my course load was too heavy. Thankfully, I had enough saved up so that I wouldn't have to work if I had to leave my job because of something like school, and so that's what I did and am doing still. If you can do it, saving helps! 

shopping store GIF by South Park

Edited by Schatzi
  • Heart 1

On 5/15/2021 at 12:13 PM, Onision said:

Do you guys make REALLY GOOD sandwiches? Anything special? Or just meat stuff?

Please talk more about this... sounds awesome.

I work at a little Jimmy John's store (I forgot to mention that). It's so little that there is no drive through window. Our motto is quality over quantity (it's a stab at subway for their many many many locations and turkey based everything). I like our sandwiches so I'm very biased. My favorite is the Beach Club (#12 on the menu). It has turkey, lettuce, tomato, mayo, cucumber, provolone cheese, and avocado spread on our french bread. I like to add onions. most of our sandwiches have meat. our menu is very customizable though. We have a vegetarian sandwich called The Veggie (so creative, I know. it's # 6 on the menu). It has cucumbers, provolone cheese, avocado spread, lettuce, tomato, and mayo (I am making myself hungry...) on our french bread unless you get it as an....unwich? An unwich is our version of a lettuce wrap! we have rewards too! becoming a rewards member (online or on the app) gets you a free Favorites 8 inch sandwich. 

My customers are really nice (because I feed them)! I love my job. Some come in hangry. they can be a bit rude but they are super nice after they eat. When I'm on deliveries a customer might get angry if it's taken too long to get to them (we do not have time limits but again...hangry people). some customers order like we're a subway so we have to know our sandwiches very well to determine which button to push on the cash register.

My coworkers are incredible (and patient because I make many mistakes). My boss is really sweet (she tends to mother us but not in a condescending way). The store owner will literally drop everything to come help if we get a sudden rush of customers or a really huge catering order (everyone calls her mom. except me. because I have issues.) This is the best job I've ever had. Instead of getting upset that I needed to leave early on a really busy day (because I was having dizzy spells from withdrawal from not having had my anxiety m******n for a week) they were worried about me. My boss sent me a text to drink more water! (it was really cute.) 

Again, I am very biased when it comes to my job. So if this reads as a commercial or spam...that's why.

• Elites

I'm have a dual degree in psychology and biology. Currently on a sabbatical from working in clinical settings while I recover from a critical illness. Maybe I'll do something completely different later when I'm an adultier adult. 

I am currently only studying, Industrial tecnologies engeeniering , (I am on third year, but after the degree we must do an extra two years for being available to ·sign cool projects" )but I used to work seasonaly as a teacher(maths and physics mostly but, in reality I ended up solving almost any doubt from any subject (when I was younger it was just in summer, and last year, before coronavirus, meanwhile second semester).

I´ve been teaching for k***s between 12-18, and also, adults from different degrees .

I used to get offers for getting paid because of solving others examns but It was definitely not my thing.

Now I am more focussed in the degree but I would not denny a good offer.

Engeeniering is fun but you have to have your own strategy, it is more like a resistance long marathon race than a short 100m one!!

• Heart 1