Do you still buy physical media? Why? (video games, blu-rays)

I'm curious whether you still buy discs (Music, Video Games, Movies) and if so why? For me with all the streaming available for Anime, Music, and services like Netflix for films, I just find it hard to justify the physical clutter caused by owning discs anymore. Furthermore, I just have a philosophical outlook on life in which "owning" stuff is overrated, I prefer experiencing stuff. 

Sometimes you love something so much you gotta have a physical copy. Also, the quality is still higher on physical copies than with most any download. Do you guys do the same? Have physical copies of stuff?

• Heart 1

• Mod

No, I don't see a need in buying them anymore. I've actually been thinking of giving away or selling all the movies I have because I never watch them on my DVD player anymore. I can just find them on YouTube or another streaming service now. I also have physical copies of games and I want to keep those because I still like to play them from time to time.

On 5/16/2021 at 3:49 PM, Onision said:

Sometimes you love something so much you gotta have a physical copy. Also, the quality is still higher on physical copies than with most any download. Do you guys do the same? Have physical copies of stuff?

Yes I have i bought the sims onlime now I have copies om cd/dvd/ cases because I love sims! 

Depends on the Developers, Sometimes I'll Sacrifice Physical Merchandise & Go Digital as they Get Paid More for Their Work without Less Middle Men

< NERD ALERT > Other Wise, I love the ART & Lyric Books etc when it comes to Music & The ART & Having a Map as well when it comes to Video Games 

As a Game Developer Myself for *** Software, Want to remind People to Pay Respects to Respectable Creators who Pour their Whole Life into Creations

that Provide Us All with Endless Hours of Fun & Entertainment. Stuff that Takes REAL Dedication to Achieve, Some Sacrifice Their Whole Entire Life on it

I'm a fan of vinyl it's just a good *****hood memory thing every Sunday night without fail Dad would put his records on he was so enthusiastic and really wanted to share it with us, And yes I own Blu-Rays I love movies and dont like to be to dependent on the internet as it can go down at times so like my books and movies back ups 

I tend to buy physical copies of games. I'm not sure why, but I don't always trust online content. What if my account gets h*cked and I don't get it back?

I'm the same way with movies as I am games. I prefer to own a physical copy. Nowadays you can get a digital copy along with the hard copy. 

I'm more loose when it comes to music. I haven't bought a CD in a very long time. I do still have a nice collection of CD's from back in the day.

I purchase a lot of online books as well as physical books also. If I'm crazy about a book and think I'll read it multiple times, then I'll buy a hard copy.