Nuclear Weapons: Keep or Ban?

Posted (edited)
On 6/18/2021 at 11:16 AM, Alyssa said:

I believe so. Theres no need for som*thing with THAT much destructive power. 

I believe during WW2 it was needed when the Japanese was going around and savagely killing people. If the nuke hadn't been dropped on them. They wouldn't have stopped and thousands of men would have lost their lives. 

Presently though. I don't think anyone should have them anymore. The US and most countries don't use them. They just say that we have them to deter another country from using their nuclear weapon. These are different times. 

Anyone who does use a nuke. Is going to get their a ss kicked by multiple countries after they use it anyway. North Korea was making threats for a while until China told Kim Jon Un to stop. A lot of countries stepped in and told NK that they didn't need nuclear weapons and to feed and take care of the people instead of spending millions on a failed nuclear program. 

Edited by Terminated

I believe that either all nuclear weapons should be dismantled or all of them must continue to exist in order to act as a deterrent against any one country that would feel emboldened enough to attempt more devastating measures against a neighbor or neighbors they happen to be hostile towards. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Morumotto said:

I believe that either all nuclear weapons should be dismantled or all of them must continue to exist in order to act as a deterrent against any one country that would feel emboldened enough to attempt more devastating measures against a neighbor or neighbors they happen to be hostile towards. 

I don't think ANY country should have them. Here's the trouble that I think about and it's the Nuclear Domino Effect. Even if a country like North Korea were to bomb us with one. We'd retaliate and bomb them too. But then every country would just fire off there nukes at us and other countries in unison. While the US might use them for a deterrent and a counter defense. It doesn't seem to be a successful idea. It's up there with "if you shoot me, my friends will shoot you too."

So in other words. I think it's just asking for trouble in having them sitting around. 

1 hour ago, t*rminated said:

I don't think ANY country should have them. Here's the trouble that I think about and it's the Nuclear Domino Effect. Even if a country like North Korea were to bomb us with one. We'd retaliate and bomb them too. But then every country would just fire off there nukes at us and other countries in unison. While the US might use them for a deterrent and a counter defense. It doesn't seem to be a successful idea. It's up there with "if you shoot me, my friends will shoot you too."

So in other words. I think it's just asking for trouble in having them sitting around. 

if it's not a successful idea, how come we haven't been nuked yet?