Any advice on getting over an ab**ive partner?

• Elites

I had a partner that I dated for 2 years he had the tendency to drink every day and he would like to pick fights with me every time he drank,it got to the point where he p*nched me in the face and I had to let go, it’s like he became another person when he drank. when he was sober we had a good time and it’s sad that he couldn’t stop drinking bc at first he was so kind, he was causing a really tox*c loop in my life and I feel ignorant for missing him.

Mine was a virtual relationship and he wasnt ab**ive while we were together but after we broke up he went on a friends podcast spreading lies and bs about me and ontop of that I found out I was the side peace 7 months out of the year we were together! I'm still in pain and missing my ex too and I wish I didn't...my best advice is stay busy that's what im trying to do

• Heart 1

Kind of like @Allycat stated. Stay busy. You don't have to stay single. Not every guy out there is like your ex. Just live life and get out there and find you someone that'll treat you like a human being. Any man that puts his hands on a woman isn't worth keeping. There's no excuse for it. 

• Heart 2

• Elites

@Allycat its natural to feel that way I’ve gone through some harsh break ups this happened like a week ago but we can’t give up. My partner used to push and hit me I put up with it for too long It’s hard at first but later on we’ll be glad it’s over 

• Star 1

• Elites

People show their true self in the darkest moments, so my suggestion would be to know that how he was drunk is probably how he actually is.. A lot of people use that as an excuse to misbehave. No amount of drinking can “turn someone bad”. When it was good he was just putting on his best behavior but people can only be fake for so long. Just know no one kind deserves to be hurt and it probably s*cks but time heals wounds and I’m sure you’ll find someone nice.

• Heart 2

my best advice to you is ...GET HELP!!! like professional trauma help...join support groups on or offline and always think to yourself would you let that person ab**e you if you were a c***d no!!! so dont let them do it to you as an adult .....in this world YOU and only you have the power to change what you will put up with or not also you might be a little ignorant to domestic violence it is a family disease and always goes back to c***dhood we live what we see deal so definately take all the information you can , remember the p******rs know thier prey make sure you know your p******r ... im here for anyone going through any ab**ive situation and believe me unfortunately its more common than most think and i wanna make sure i dont make this a ***ist things anyone can be a p******r man or woman just sayin....

• Heart 2

meds can be helpful but not always necessary when i left my ex i used to have t*****e night terrors until i took this ptsd med it helped for awhile but what really helped was talk therapy and dbt dialetical behavioral therapy ......also i spent alot of time in the law library researching dv ab**e its so sad that our generation has all these damaged people going around damaging other people ...its a social issue we need to fix like nowish ...btw if you have any questions dm me i'm here for you ❤️Woman Man GIF 

• Heart 1

• Elites

@Alexxrebeloution I haven’t ever looked into that type of thing I had a friend that took meds and she started vomiting and had to be hospitalized cause it was a bad mix they gave her since then I didn’t like the idea of anything like that in my body I’ve thought about taking vitamin alternatives to that kind of thing but idk if that works

What worked for me is block all contact with them, their family, their friends. Got on my feet enough to hop around so they didn't know where I was residing. Focus on you. Your overall health. It'll be all about you. Self love & heal. It's okay to miss the good memories, don't forget what a person can be capable of. You have the power inside of you to move forward. Know what you don't deserve & what you do. Give yourself time. Support systems are healthy too 💕

• Heart 1