What was the meanest thing your parent ever said to you?

• Mod

My parents have never said anything mean to me, but I think one time my dad took my phone and threw it because he was mad at me about something or maybe it was his phone he threw. I don't remember exactly.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

My parents have never said anything mean to me, but I think one time my dad took my phone and threw it because he was mad at me about something or maybe it was his phone he threw. I don't remember exactly.

That explains why you seem like such a chill person... your parents were decently nice to you.

• Heart 1

• Mod
23 minutes ago, Onision said:

That explains why you seem like such a chill person... your parents were decently nice to you.

Yeah. You still seem to be a good person despite the things they have put you through. There are some awful people out there who shouldn't be parents or don't know how to be. I'm sorry for how you have been treated. That goes for anyone else too.

42 minutes ago, Onision said:

One of the meanest things my mom ever said to me was... I don't even remember... but it involved her making fun of me crying when I was like 9 years old.

What did your parent or parents say?

Well, my old chubby 12 year old self could cry easily. I remember we were at one of my mother friend´s house and my mother´s friend gave my mother a dress that her daugther(actual bestie of mine) could not fit anymore because she got taller. I was very short so decided that It could fit me perfectly. I tried the dress on in front of everyone just to find out It didn´t fit me at all.

My grandmother got really angry because she tought the dress was way too cute for wasting it , so she told me that "it is time for you to eat less croquettes"

It took me  a long long time to gain weight, It was not done probablly in the most healthy way, but I needed to gain it.

I was scared a lot a night. I'd cry myself to sleep. When I explained what was happening & why I was afraid my father said "what makes you so special? There's something wrong with you" those words..."There's something wrong with you" made an impact on me till this day. Any time I panic, any time I doubt. "There's something wrong with me"... 

Hey, all. There's something wrong with me. But there is a lot that is right with me. ❤

• Heart 1

And strictly from a parent, my mother a months  ago. I realized  she liked me more conveniently so I wanted to discuss with her a few things.

She ended yelling at me, that I was a shame for her , and that she trully did not love me at all. I just started being more open, less shy, without any yell, just calmy telling truths.

Because lots of things happened and I needed to talk about why she did not choose helping me in those moments.

Guys parental love has to be UNILATERAL. If your parent does not love you that way and you have to earn his/her/their  love it is just not love.

And seing your c***d being abused and not do anything at all, that is not love by far. Or behaving like you love them in certain occasions, can just confuse them. Love is not a prize.

• Heart 1

When I was like 5 or 6 years old I came home, took my finding Nemo trainers half off then I tried to just sort of flick them off, one of the trainer's actually hit my mum in the face. It was a complete accident. I think that was the only time I ever ran away from my mum crying and screaming because I was legitimately scared of her. I remember her shaking me and screaming at me 

"WHY ARE YOU CRYING?!?!"

"WHY ARE YOU CRYING?!?!"

"WHY ARE YOU CRYING?!?!"

Then my older brother just popped his head in said " because you're screaming and shouting in her face." 

But yeah , I don't think my mum has ever said anything mean per say that I can remember but it was more of the stuff she didn't do or say. She was very emotionally unavailable. In my entire life I don't think she's ever told me she loves me. 

My mom was pretty abusive and I think even tried to poison me once, so I've like blocked out a lot if not almost all my c***dhood years tbh but one of the things that I do remember really clearly was actually som*thing one of my step-dads said, and it wasn't directly to me but som*thing I overheard while they were fighting in the middle of the night which was that I was nothing but a little bast ard c***d. I think it stuck with me so hard because of all my step-dads he was the one most like a father to me idk what they were arguing about or why I was involved but I do remember waking up the next morning and finding a lot of the pictures I drew for them ripped up on the floor,  I was in like the 2nd or 3rd grade at the time 

• Heart 1

That sucks. My parents have been divorced for 30 years. My mom told me when I was 11 that my dad had asked her for an abort*on after he found out she was pregnant. She said my father never wanted me.

The reason behind this was that he was having an affair with my mother. She didn't suspect that he was married. When they met, he lied and said that he was divorced.  When he found out that she was pregnant with me. He freaked out. 

So being 11 and asking him. He said yes. That was hard to take.

I moved in with him when I was 12. Listening to him talk sh*t about my mother was hard. I didn't get along with his wife. She was a b*tch. When I was 15 and not getting along with him. I had decided to move back in with my mother. After arguing with him for hours and sitting in the car with my mom. He told me he was done and to have a nice life.  I haven't heard from him in 17 years. This validated what my mother had said years earlier. 

My father has been married 4 times. He's a cheater and a chronic liar. Through and through.

Edited by Terminated
  • Heart 2

• Elites

It's not the meanest but it just happened. 

My dad moved his wife's k*d and her 10 year old into my c***dhood home. That's fine. 

The daughter is a wash out. Lives rent free. Could never really support herself. But I didn't judge too harshly until recently. 

Just a couple days ago I drove 7 hours to go home. Yet again, I'm on a cot in his office that has no air flow, he won't let me turn his pc off cuz the light (idk why he seems to think turning it off will break it. I built his PC -_-), and it's hot af. I'm prior military, slept on many a cot. I accept it, not realizing how ****ed It is. 

4am my dad is up, turning on laundry which is directly next to office, garbage disposal, dishwasher. I am tired. He knows I didn't sleep well the previous day due to all the issues in the office and my own struggles. I took zzquil and managed to get to sleep...so he's making all this noise. I bite my tongue, it is his house and he is an early bird. I decide to get up to let my dog outside and I say hello to him and say I'm d**d tired, head hurts, and I'm gonna go crash again (hoping he takes hint)  

He replies "well I'm about to get in there I have work to do" (he's retired. Lol. ) "daddy...it's 4am, I'm so tired." (I'm from the south, "daddy" is dialect and not weird or immature haha) he flips. "You've overstayed your welcome." (It's been 1 day) so I ask if he can wait until 7 or 8, or perhaps go in now and lmk when he's finish so I can go back to sleep. Nope. Reminds me it's his house. And that it hasn't been my home since I was 18. I'm an only c***d and my father was a marine drill sergeant and treated me like his soldier growing up, as his father did to him it was teasing lines of abuse, and i have plenty of stories, but save those. 

That hurt. It hurt bad. Then it clicked. My step sibling and her k*d have their own rooms, my step sister in my old room with my beautiful artwork on the wall. The k*d sleeps with his mom all the time cuz the Xbox is in there and he just crashes...i used to give up MY room for guests growing up, it hit me I am on a sweaty cot, he knows I suffer from insomnia and narcolepsy, he knew how tired I was. Yet I'm on the cot on the floor like a dog, while they live rent free in luxury. She's 32. I'm 28. I support myself. Have been. 

He tells me to go nap in the k***s room and im like thank God. (The k*d was out at a sleep over) but why the **** didn't he let me do that earlier ? 

Anyway, it's far from the worst thing he's said or done to me. He also ****ed his cousin when I was 12 (cheating on my mom) and did gay **** in his 20's (I mean nothing wrong with that its just comical because of how he acts today). He's wh*ck and psycho. I cut him out after that. He contacted my mom acting hurt. Mom had no sympathy to give. He tried to tell her I was kicked out of the army (not true. In fact im earning my masters on my g.i bill. Can't have that if you're kicked out) tried to tell her I'm going to be a failure etc 

He buys the food when I visit and sometimes slips me some cash (he's loaded ) but is always sure to use it against me.

I decided to leave early. I texted my step sister (as we got along fine ! Considered her a sister even)  To say goodbye, and told her why I was dipping out. She screen shots it and send it to my dad. Suck up bitxh. 

Okay. Rant over. Ty for this topic, since this just happened and I needed to rant. 

Edit: forgot to add what made me decide to cut him out and leave was when he called me to attention and said he is going to tell me that it's his house and his rules, and I am allowed no say, and I "disrespected" him that morning (I didn't) I try to reply "daddy....I was tired. " but he cuts me off and screams, drill sergeant voice, that I will listen then comply and walk away. I tell him fyck no and pack my bags, block every mother ****er in that house. 

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

I remember when I was young my mom would get upset that I didn’t have the skills to tidy/clean/organize and instead of being mature and teaching me, would just criticize me for it and once said no guy would ever be able to stand being with me because of it.

looking back on a lot of her criticisms and how they related towards my future in relationships really makes me disappointed in her skills in raising her k***s, and my older brothers agree.

• Heart 2

• 1 month later...

I got into an argument with my mother over som*thing really stupid once and I don’t feel like typing exactly what she said to me as it was extremely vile and damaging. It was involving her rights to ab***ion and the very essence of my existence.

That being said, she’s still a wonderful woman in many ways and sometimes people can say the most awful and shocking things in the heat of the moment.

I guess the moral of the story is don’t say s***t unless you really mean it because the receivers of your bile may remember it for the rest of their lives.

Oh and, loose lips sink ships. 

• Heart 1

On 6/16/2021 at 11:26 AM, Kitsunebliss said:

It's not the meanest but it just happened. 

My dad moved his wife's k*d and her 10 year old into my c***dhood home. That's fine. 

The daughter is a wash out. Lives rent free. Could never really support herself. But I didn't judge too harshly until recently. 

Just a couple days ago I drove 7 hours to go home. Yet again, I'm on a cot in his office that has no air flow, he won't let me turn his pc off cuz the light (idk why he seems to think turning it off will break it. I built his PC -_-), and it's hot af. I'm prior military, slept on many a cot. I accept it, not realizing how ****ed It is. 

4am my dad is up, turning on laundry which is directly next to office, garbage disposal, dishwasher. I am tired. He knows I didn't sleep well the previous day due to all the issues in the office and my own struggles. I took zzquil and managed to get to sleep...so he's making all this noise. I bite my tongue, it is his house and he is an early bird. I decide to get up to let my dog outside and I say hello to him and say I'm d**d tired, head hurts, and I'm gonna go crash again (hoping he takes hint)  

He replies "well I'm about to get in there I have work to do" (he's retired. Lol. ) "daddy...it's 4am, I'm so tired." (I'm from the south, "daddy" is dialect and not weird or immature haha) he flips. "You've overstayed your welcome." (It's been 1 day) so I ask if he can wait until 7 or 8, or perhaps go in now and lmk when he's finish so I can go back to sleep. Nope. Reminds me it's his house. And that it hasn't been my home since I was 18. I'm an only c***d and my father was a marine drill sergeant and treated me like his soldier growing up, as his father did to him it was teasing lines of ab**e, and i have plenty of stories, but save those. 

That hurt. It hurt bad. Then it clicked. My step sibling and her k*d have their own rooms, my step sister in my old room with my beautiful artwork on the wall. The k*d sleeps with his mom all the time cuz the Xbox is in there and he just crashes...i used to give up MY room for guests growing up, it hit me I am on a sweaty cot, he knows I suffer from insomnia and narcolepsy, he knew how tired I was. Yet I'm on the cot on the floor like a dog, while they live rent free in luxury. She's 32. I'm 28. I support myself. Have been. 

He tells me to go nap in the k***s room and im like thank God. (The k*d was out at a sleep over) but why the **** didn't he let me do that earlier ? 

Anyway, it's far from the worst thing he's said or done to me. He also ****ed his cousin when I was 12 (cheating on my mom) and did gay **** in his 20's (I mean nothing wrong with that its just comical because of how he acts today). He's wh*ck and psycho. I cut him out after that. He contacted my mom acting hurt. Mom had no sympathy to give. He tried to tell her I was kicked out of the army (not true. In fact im earning my masters on my g.i bill. Can't have that if you're kicked out) tried to tell her I'm going to be a failure etc 

He buys the food when I visit and sometimes slips me some cash (he's loaded ) but is always sure to use it against me.

I decided to leave early. I texted my step sister (as we got along fine ! Considered her a sister even)  To say goodbye, and told her why I was dipping out. She screen shots it and send it to my dad. s*ck up bitxh. 

Okay. Rant over. Ty for this topic, since this just happened and I needed to rant. 

Edit: forgot to add what made me decide to cut him out and leave was when he called me to attention and said he is going to tell me that it's his house and his rules, and I am allowed no say, and I "disrespected" him that morning (I didn't) I try to reply "daddy....I was tired. " but he cuts me off and screams, drill sergeant voice, that I will listen then comply and walk away. I tell him fyck no and pack my bags, block every mother ****er in that house. 

Yeah, I don't get along with my father either. I think we have that in common. But your father sounds 100X worse than mine ever was. Mine just didn't really want anything to do with me. I'm glad you're not putting up with his sh*it. You don't deserve it. I hope you find someone that treats you like the good person you are. We may not find love through our parents. But perhaps we can find it through our significant others and our own ch*ldren. 

• Heart 2

My mom saying “this is a blessing, I never thought you were fit to have ch*ldren” after my m**********e last July was pretty damn mean. When I called her out on it she elaborated that she never would have had me or any of my siblings if she had known she had mental illness that we have because doing so would be selfish and cruel of her. So aka I guess I’m selfish and cruel now too? Yikes. Just actually take care of your k***s and get them treatment early if they have struggles, cause you know..parenting?

therapy exists mom. Try going sometime. 

• Elites
13 hours ago, Terminated said:

Yeah, I don't get along with my father either. I think we have that in common. But your father sounds 100X worse than mine ever was. Mine just didn't really want anything to do with me. I'm glad you're not putting up with his sh*it. You don't deserve it. I hope you find someone that treats you like the good person you are. We may not find love through our parents. But perhaps we can find it through our significant others and our own ch*ldren. 

Yes, agreed. Thank you!

On 6/15/2021 at 7:06 PM, Nicolr said:

My brother and I are adopted. My (estranged) adopted father once told us we “were not what he paid for”. 

WHAT THE f***

On 6/16/2021 at 8:43 AM, Terminated said:

After arguing with him for hours and sitting in the car with my mom. He told me he was done and to have a nice life. 

See… all I have, all I love for, are my loved ones… so I don’t understand how your dad could just… live his life without you. He is… his greatest treasure in life, is being your dad.