Sierra

I'm sure many people have experienced the sting of not being where you hoped you would have been, in various situations. So the question is, when it feels like what you had set out to do has become hopeless, what do you do to convince yourself to keep going? What motivates you to soldier on? Does it work for you?

• Heart 1

When it comes to failure, something incredibly important is to not add to it with an attitude that matches that failure. Negativity begets negativity. Failure in attitude leads to more failure in life.

Translation: I'm speaking from experience when I say, when it rains, and your emotions pour, your life floods.

A positive outlook can be a life-raft to keep you afloat and help you press on.

Meanwhile, me in 10 minutes will be right back to absolute depression because it's just not that easy is it?

Saved By The Bell Shrug GIF

• Star 2

• Elites

Failure is always a learning experience. Take a look at who you were when you were younger before you failed at things you thought were impossible. Look at you now. Failure makes the journey worth it. If you never struggle, you'll never truly appreciate what you have 

• Elites

Life has so many options, if something didn’t go as planned there is so much more out there!

When you’re in a dark place you can’t see what may be out there clearly. It’s okay to pause, to heal, and gather your pieces but then you gotta dust yourself off. Reevaluate the do’s, the dont’s, the maybe’s, all you have learned and keep moving bc life doesn’t stop.

Remember it’s not how many times you fall but it’s how you get back up which matters! Use failure as a lesson not what makes you lesser. You are what you allow yourself to be so keep dreaming keep reaching & keep working.

• Heart 1

Sadness. At the end of the day, it was all sadness. The dissease that is spreading all over your body, the reason why you see in black and white. "I heard the news baby, all about your disease, you may have all you want honey, but I got something you need,  I ain´t talking about love"

Failure after failure, you have pushed yourself so much, you have tricked yourself into thinking all the effort you are putting will be someday payed, enough.

One day that fake smile you have been wearing that long since your last lose will fade away, and you will look at yourself, wondering why , why there is still that endless pain. Why does my heart ache? I see it in your eyes,

No matter who, how, what ,when, where , if you need it I can give it to you. Happiness .

Love you all

I don’t know how to handle my failure because it bothers me a lot so instead I just try again to see if I could do better or see if I improved. Sometimes my failures motivates me to want to do better because I don’t want that to be my last results, I want my last results to be better so I can look back and appreciate the effort i put turning my failure into something else.

Well... it might help to know that we're pretty much all failures, destined to inevitably fail what with being mortal.

A lot of us feel alone when we aren't really alone at all.

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Friends <--- Chandler Bing, really?

• Heart 1

For a long time I kept myself going for others... I needed to learn to keep going for myself.. nothing will ever be perfect, the expectations won't slow down. I do what I can, look at what I have achieved no matter how small...and sometimes I just stop. Breathe. I try really hard not to overwhelm myself with both the thought of failing others and myself(it's not easy), if I get the sense that I have, it hurts. So I think about how I'd thread it all differently next time.

From corrections, to a different path, or perspective. The realization that failure could be a foundation to success. My motivation kept in thought: "Failure is an opportunity"

• Heart 1

It's part of life. Delusions of grandeur are addictive. Sometimes failing is a great thing. My marriage of 11 years was horrible. I'm glad my ex wife left me. She destroyed me mentally and emotionally as a man. It took me almost a year to fully get over her. I can tell you that denial is a strong thing to overcome.  As for my personal failure in general. I've failed in almost every thing and every dream I've ever had. I never went to college. I never got that career I wanted. I'm not rich like I always wanted to be. I'm a 35 year old man who has tried and failed. When I want something, most of the time I don't even hold my breath anymore. I've learned from the very saying itself "wish in one hand and sh*t in the other. See which one fills up faster."

9 minutes ago, t********d said:

It's part of life. Delusions of grandeur are addictive. Sometimes failing is a great thing. My marriage of 11 years was horrible. I'm glad my ex wife left me. She destroyed me mentally and emotionally as a man. It took me almost a year to fully get over her. I can tell you that denial is a strong thing to overcome.  As for my personal failure in general. I've failed in almost every thing and every dream I've ever had. I never went to college. I never got that career I wanted. I'm not rich like I always wanted to be. I'm a 35 year old man who has tried and failed. When I want something, most of the time I don't even hold my breath anymore. I've learned from the very saying itself "wish in one hand and sh*t in the other. See which one fills up faster."

Oh No Cooking GIF by FOX TV

I mean there are people who are successful... normally means they work really really hard.

5 minutes ago, Onision said:

I mean there are people who are successful... normally means they work really really hard.

I've been somewhat successful. Some of the smart guys from school ended up on meth. So I guess I should feel better that I never got into narcotics.  I own my own house and car. Have a full time job. I've got a nice girlfriend.  I guess you could say I'm not satisfied. And then there's those family members I sometimes wish would disappear....forever. 

8 minutes ago, t********d said:

I've been somewhat successful. Some of the smart guys from school ended up on m*th. So I guess I should feel better that I never got into n**cotics.  I own my own house and car. Have a full time job. I've got a nice girlfriend.  I guess you could say I'm not satisfied. And then there's those family members I sometimes wish would disappear....forever. 

Sounds like you're successful to me.

I think in terms of coping with it you also have to learn to be kind to yourself, I think many people struggle with that when it comes to their own internal issues . 

I like to think of it like this though..

If a friend Fu*ked up on the same thing you did would you give them a hard time, would you tell them that they're useless? Unless you're an assho*e you wouldn't right? So why are we so hard on ourselves? 

This tiktok really opened my eyes 

Edited by SailorVenus

• Elites
Posted (edited)

I find failure really difficult to accept. When I invest myself in som*thing, I find it really hard to let go.

I try to remind myself often that failure doesn't mean it's the end. Most times, it just means that the way I was doing it wasn't working. 

Still, I don't like to admit when I fail. It's som*thing that I feel ashamed of, as if no one failed before me. I wish people were more open about the process instead of flaunting the results.

Edited by BonkerMcBonk

I forgot to mention this video of Dwayne Johnson talking about his depression really helped me as well. There is som*thing very soothing about him . Sometimes when I'm down I go back to this video to the part where he says " hey, it's gonna be ok." It's like a virtual hug. 

3 hours ago, SailorVenus said:

So why are we so hard on ourselves?

We're harder on ourselves because we're stuck dealing with the emotional part of our mistakes. It's easier to walk away from a friend or strangers problems because we're not as emotionally invested unless you're in relationship and you're sleeping with them.