Who hates their parents and why?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Elites

I don’t hate them I just don’t respect them. Better relationship with my father than my mother. Also we usually have a better relationship when we don’t interact at all so that’s probably telling. We love each other but only from a distance. 

• Heart 1

I h**e a lot of my family members- all of them are toxic- Expect one of my sisters- My mother forces Christianity onto me and tries to make me go to church- When i was 15 years old when i came out as pan***ual she took away all my electronics and said I couldn't go outside I couldn't visit  my friends- Only times I could was to go to school and to go to church which was every Wednesday and friday. She doesn't listen and everytime I try to speak my feeling the only way she knows how to take it is by yelling at me- and getting mad and not understanding. She called me a slut at age of 16 because I wore eyeliner and she asked if i was trying to look like a stripper- I'm not there anymore I'm away from there but she took a toll onto me for many many years- thank god I live with a friend now 🙂 (I don't have a father- I never met him i was a one night stand)   

Edited by xxgamer775
  • Heart 2

Trauma dump time! Growing up I did, because when I was a c***d i was basically disowned and shunned from my extended family bc I am mixed and I blamed my parents for it for having me. Obviously as I grew up I realized it was wrong to blame them for my family's prejudice, but I never was able to get close to them bc of it. I don't h**e them, but I just feel no connection to them whatsoever. I don't feel any closeness or love or anything and never have🤷🏽‍♀️

well as for my parents, i only h**e my dad. He would buy me **** and expect that to be love (ps4, a car, vacation , shoes ). im sorry but when my dad asked that one question from me, ive hated him ever since, so no its not been like that with him, but im starting to feel those same feelings af if i would h**e some one. and i can tell u, in my vocabulary, h**e is a really strong feeling.

• 2 months later...

I’m a horrible person for laughing at the title of this and the face reveal comment, did they ever reach those stars ? I don’t hate anyone, not even my parents. They are just people, not infallible creatures. In the words of Harrison Ford: who gives a s***t 😂 

Not like any of us can change the past…might as well make the best of what’s happening now. 

Angry Harrison Ford GIF

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 10:35 PM, John Stamos said:

Not like any of us can change the past…might as well make the best of what’s happening now. 

Well typically you dislike people so you don't have to go through the same nonsense again and again, you avoid them so you can live with less drama.

The people I cut out of my life? Yep, it worked. Less direct drama from them.

Yeah that’s parent line “I’m not mad I’m just disappointed” describes it best. But I’ve always been the parent role in our relationship which was part of the problem, you shouldn’t have to parent your parents as a ch*ld. I’m trying not to get roped into that again. I’m no longer responsible for all things, not only am I just not that powerful, it’s unhealthy as heck

time for everyone to get an actual therapist please lol