What Is Your Relationship Status? (explain)

Onision

My Relationship status is unavailable... I'm significantly unavailable as I've lost faith in humanity for the most part - scared of being hurt again etc.

I used to watch movies and think it was so silly for people to be like "I can't trust anyone, I've been hurt too many times" and I'm like... oh pleaaaaseee! You're fiiiiinnnneeeee! But then it happened to me, over and over, and I get it now... seems like relationships just aren't worth it.

I saw a rumor that people think my "divorce" fake meltdown/real comedy video was real... that's awesome.

happy fun GIF by South Park

• Heart 3

• Mod

I'm single because I don't care about being in a relationship and I'm not out there looking for dates. I don't trust online dating either because you never know who the person could be. Usually when I like someone, they don't feel the same way or are already taken lol

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Kaitlind said:

I'm single because I don't care about being in a relationship and I'm not out there looking for dates. I don't trust online dating either because you never know who the person could be. Usually when I like someone, they don't feel the same or already taken.

Translation: You're free from potential relationship chaos. Lol.

Just now, Ann said:

Married. Long term relationship.

Hopefully strong and getting stronger!

• Heart 1
  • Star 1

I'm single, because I'm willing to wait for a partner that is good for me and I just haven't found that yet.. If I happen to get into a relationship, I want it to be with someone who is trustworthy, and doesn't bring me down. I won't let that happen again.

• Elites

Jaded is a good way to put it. I’m uninterested in the whole thought of obtaining a relationship even though I love love, so I guess way down the road I’ll have a shot or two left in me. I like the concept of relationships, it just doesn’t seem realistic. All they do is honestly ruin people and their lives at some point for some temporary happiness.. Definitely not right now. Completely repulsed at thought of dating, makes me cringe.

• Heart 1

happily taken - were very committed! im actually getting on a plane here in 20 minutes to see him ^w^ i can't imagine myself looking for another relationship if we fall through.. i think our relationship is strong! i trust him a lot and think we can do it together 

• Heart 1

Jaded. Emotionally unavailable. I'm not looking for a relationship nor do I want to be in one. I'm done investing in other people and giving my all and not getting anything close to what I give in return. I don't even bother with friendships anymore. I'm perfectly content being by myself. 

I will admit that I don't like the idea of growing old alone. That's an unpleasant thought that pops up sometimes. But I just don't dwell on it. I won't say "never again", but definitely not right now.

I will say that I will NEVER enter into another relationship with a complete stranger ever again. No more dating someone I just met and am att**cted to. They better be my friend first and put in the work it takes to get to know me. And it is work for someone like me because I'm extremely open and somehow completely closed off at the same time, that's why I say I'm emotionally unavailable. It's for their benefit too and not just my own. I want to know the kind of person I'm getting involved with, beyond superficial knowledge, and vice versa. And that takes time and work. 

Newly single, but amicably.  We just had different goals and our lives were taking us different directions, we still talk a lot on the phone though.  It's tough having to choose your dream job over a relationship but we both knew we'd be happier if we followed our passions.  The romance had been kinda waning for a bit anyway....I hope I can find someone else but the online dating scene in my new city has been kinda terrifying....I hope everyone in this thread the best in love tho!

Nice to see half of y'all have figured out long-term relationships with someone worthwhile.

It can be hard... finding someone right for you --- sometimes it's like stepping stones... sometimes it's just up down up down...

Love gets mistaken for other things... your need to fill a void leads to putting the wrong people in it, hoping the pieces fit... it's all... a mess, till you find that person.

But I donno... the true heroes are the ones who are happy alone, strong enough... but then, you might wind up with zero grandparent status at any point in your life and that's kind of a buzzkill.

• Heart 1

I broke it off with the guy I talked about in my last post a while back. I think… I don’t know my last two relationships really set me back. I know I have the agency to change how I perceive love and what it can be but… 

when two people, just two… break you financially, physically, mentally… it’s just a cluster fu** of… trauma. I got scared… I don’t think he was really ready either. *sigh* life is weird 

• Heart 2

I wish everyone in the thread luck and happiness. Love is hard.

I'm currently engaged. To a really nice person. Before meeting them I was seriously afraid genuinely nice people didn’t exist. But they continue to renew my faith in humanity as a concept daily

• Heart 2

• 1 month later...

Married  with ch*ldren. Sometimes happy .sometime not but my husband has made my life better since he has been in it. However he has also made me give up people and things that ment alot to me cause his insecure. But since my life isn't worse off with out them I don't mind. I just hope he accepts that I ain't gonna go anywhere unless he wants me to cause I love him

I relate. I love very deeply to the point where I’m vulnerable. I am scared to let my self love again yet casual se* isn’t fulfilling for me. I just feel incomplete, I wanna devote my self to someone and feel actual intimacy that is deeper than skin. I just want to feel protected and I don’t want to have to doubt my self constantly. I’ve only been in love once and I haven’t been able to love properly since. I knew him from the ages of 14 to 17 and now I’m 18 and am completely lost. I just dr*wn my thirst for human companionship in meaningless se* tbh anywaysusysysysys

• Elites
2 hours ago, Mr.Dawn said:

I felt like this for a long long time. All the women I wanted, didn't want me  and well, all the g*rls I didn't want....wanted me. Funny how that works lol

Lmao, well, yes. 

Still cursed if you’re wondering, but then again you know

• Elites

I am on my second marriage. I married my best friend at 26. We grew up together so it seemed like the right thing to do. He was in the Army and out of the three years we were married we were actually together for six months (he was a first Sgt. and always on deployment because of the Iraqi war). I went through so much while he was away. At the time we were new to where he was stationed. I had no friends, no drivers license, and I lost my dad and could not go to his f**eral because we lived over a thousand miles from where he lived. It was difficult and those hard times that were supposed to bring us closer together and help us to bond as a couple were never spent together. When he got back from his last deployment, we separated shortly after. Although we have been divorced for quite some time now, we are still good friends (we couldn't just throw away such a long friendship just because our marriage was unsuccessful). We just weren't meant to be together in that way. I feel like we knew each other all too well and we were way too much a like and sometimes that just doesn't work out. We had an amicable divorce and he and my current husband, talk, exchange jokes and even poke fun at me from time to time. My current marriage is interesting to say the least, never a dull moment but that is what being married to a Scorpio is like. Jokes, seriousness, passionate and emotionally in tune with me. We were together for 4 years before we got married. We were both divorcees and and weren't sure about taking the plunge again. After being together so long we decided to say OWFI and got married. Been together 10 years now and married for 6. There is never any telling what the future holds and with love there is always risk involved. I mean h**l, one of us can get hit by a Mack truck tomorrow and that will still lead to heart break and long term pain. Call me naïve, but I will always believe in love even if one day my relationship fizzles out. Without pain how do we know we are living and what do we have to learn from? Pain is the darkness that allows us to see light because without the dark how do we know that the light even exists?