Was COVID A Punishment For Human Evil?

Onision

I saw someone imply that COVID was human beings getting punished for essentially all the evil deeds going down in the world and I couldn't help but feel that was... a stretch.

Good things happen to bad people all the time, and bad things happen to good people all the time... so why would COVID suddenly be some kind of justice? And what about all the innocent people who died there? Isn't ending the life of innocent people it's own evil? What excuse exists to wipe out millions of people for what? To teach evil people a lesson?

Anyway... what do you think of the concept that COVID only happened to punish the human race for being evil? Because I am not on board with that but am happy to read some thoughts...

Paul Bearer Dance GIF by Jason Clarke

• Mod

I don't believe that. Covid happened because people caused it and spread it among each other. I'm sure people have been saying the same thing of other illnesses for centuries. Evil people will get what they deserve on their own time lol

I don't think Covid-19 was sent by a deity or any kind of supernatural means to punish everyone. There's no evidence supporting "those" claims. No one knows it's exact origin, not even the CDC. Only that it was ravaging China when it caught wide spread attention. 

36 minutes ago, Kaitlind said:

I don't believe that. Covid happened because people caused it and spread it among each other. I'm sure people have been saying the same thing of other illnesses for centuries. Evil people will get what they deserve on their own time lol

I feel like wishing evil on others is not good... even if those people are bad - wanting bad people to go through bad things doesn't make us better people.

I just want people who do bad things to understand deeply what their actions do and hopefully change for the better.

• Heart 3

24 minutes ago, Onision said:

I feel like wishing evil on others is not good... even if those people are bad - wanting bad people to go through bad things doesn't make us better people.

I just want people who do bad things to understand deeply what their actions do and hopefully change for the better.

I still wish death on my ex-sister in law. Her name is Ashley. She stole money off of me, tried to sleep with me to ruin my relationship with ex wife, spread rumors, accused me of r*aping her, accused me of being an a*b*usive parent.

She was very volatile and rude to me for the 11 years of my marriage. She and my ex mother in law boycotted the wedding. We got into screaming fights. She sent men over to my house. She sent her boyfriend over to my house. He put his hands on me and than forced me into his truck, took me to the house they were renting, and he beat me until I apologized to her. He was 2 times my size. I didn't get the police involved because of my ex wife. She begged me not to. 

She also t*h*reatend to have me k*illed. And she's called DFS on me. During the divorce she caused more problems and added to things. So she contributed. She was also into d*rugs. So she got my ex wife into d*rugs like mollies, ectasy, random pills, and pot. She even stole my prescription anti depressant me*di*cation. Ashley even drove my daughter to temporary insanity and she ended up in the ch*ldren's stress hospital because of Ashley's emotional and mental ab*usive behavior. 

I don't believe in karma or a righteous deity's religious justice that she'll pay for what she's done. I even wanted her d*ead. So bad that I imagined scene after scene. But never acted on any of it. I've NEVER h*ated someone so much. 

But I've done nothing. She moved away from Missouri and to Oklahoma. I hope she stays far away from me. I never want to see her again. 

Edited by Terminated

Naw, I don’t think that. It reminds me of this time I went to my friend’s church at the time Katrina happened and the youth leader was claiming it happened because of the evil of Mardi Gras. I thought that was f***ed up and it offended me. It’s probably part of what pushed me to stop going to church with her.

9 minutes ago, paperandsky said:

Naw, I don’t think that. It reminds me of this time I went to my friend’s church at the time Katrina happened and the youth leader was claiming it happened because of the evil of Mardi Gras. I thought that was f***ed up and it offended me. It’s probably part of what pushed me to stop going to church with her.

It won’t let me edit anymore, so I’m going to add som*thing else. I wonder if this person would be saying this if they lost a loved one to COVID. It’s easy to say that if you haven’t. People take things for granted and don’t realize how lucky they are. MILLIONS of people lost someone they love and that’s just in the US alone. Over half a f***ing billion. Imagine how they feel. Imagine how you would feel.

• Mod
51 minutes ago, Onision said:

Oh I didn't mean it that way. A lot of people wish harm or death on people who do bad things, but that's not how I feel at all. I just meant that I believe they will pay for it one day. I think it's great that you just want them to understand their actions and change their ways. That's the best way to be towards people like that.

1 hour ago, Kaitlind said:

COVID in itself was caused by humans. It’s just another example of how t*rrible people are. Spreading a deadly disease.. that’s our fault, it’s not punishment from God or anything like that. It’s because we s*ck. Sorry, lol.

• Star 1

• Mod
3 minutes ago, paperandsky said:

COVID in itself was caused by humans. It’s just another example of how t*rrible people are. Spreading a deadly disease.. that’s our fault, it’s not punishment from God or anything like that. It’s because we s*ck. Sorry, lol.

Why say sorry? I pretty much said the same thing and I agree with you 😛

• Star 1

1 hour ago, Skoobie123 said:

I don’t think it was a punishment. It’s another life event that either gives us the opportunity to come together as people or divide us.

I personally think it divided us. It was politicized. You had people who were pro-lockdown, social distancing, masking and people who were anti that. Such a shame that we can’t even agree on things like that. This caused a lot of people’s deaths.

Edited by paperandsky

No, I don't believe covid is a punishment at all. I think it's just one of those awful things that happen by chance.

Having said that, I DO believe we are paying for our mistreatment of animals and our damage to the eco system.... think about it, all the significant viruses come about through eating infected meat/infected animals. Covid, SARS, H1N1 Swine Flu, plague, Ebola,  Rabies etc 

Edited by Ann

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

No, I don't believe covid is a punishment at all. I think it's just one of those awful things that happen by chance.

Having said that, I DO believe we are paying for our mistreatment of animals and our damage to the eco system.... think about it, all the significant viruses come about through eating infected meat/infected animals. SARS, H1N1 Swine Flu, plague, Ebola, West Nile Virus, Rabies etc 

I think other people are paying for the mistake of other people mistreating animals because people died that didn’t do that. That’s not their fault some idiot ate infected meat.

Absolutely. I haven't even eaten meat since I was a ch!ld and it frustrates me seeing the negative impact these zoonotic viruses have across the world 

Edited by Ann
  • Star 1

It's normal for epidemics and pandemics to occur. They occur all of the time. Just check the CDC's website. 

An influenza pandemic is a global outbreak of a new influenza A virus that is very different from current and recently circulating human seasonal influenza A viruses. Influenza A viruses are constantly changing, making it possible on very rare occasions for non-human influenza viruses to change in such a way that they can infect people easily and spread efficiently from person to person. Read more about pandemics in recent history.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/basics/past-pandemics.html

The nice level headed part of me: of course not COVID is nature and nature doesn’t care about morality!

that nagging voice in my head: see this is why you caught COVID. I knew you were evil. This is all your fault be better

lol

95386D29-5EB6-4DFF-8E23-04B2D48A2C9F.png

4 hours ago, Onision said:

I saw someone imply that COVID was human beings getting punished for essentially all the evil deeds going down in the world and I couldn't help but feel that was... a stretch.

Good things happen to bad people all the time, and bad things happen to good people all the time... so why would COVID suddenly be some kind of justice? And what about all the innocent people who died there? Isn't ending the life of innocent people it's own evil? What excuse exists to wipe out millions of people for what? To teach evil people a lesson?

Anyway... what do you think of the concept that COVID only happened to punish the human race for being evil? Because I am not on board with that but am happy to read some thoughts...

Paul Bearer Dance GIF by Jason Clarke

Sounds like a bunch of horsesh*t.

Edited by OldGreqq