Scary Earthquake Stories

I went through a few Earth quakes... in one, I was at home in Auburn, WA and everything started shaking, almost like a toddler shaking a snow globe. Stuff fell off the walls and everyone was weirded out.

But that was it, not too eventful.

Later on in life, when I was in High School, I had just gotten beaten up and my girlfriend was with me in the nurses office (nice lady) - anyway, the ground started moving up and down like we were on a boat in the ocean... it was quite a weird experience... the ground going liquid like that.

The Earth is pretty incredible.

Anyway, you ever felt an Earth quake before?

earthquake GIF

• Heart 1

• Mod

Yes one night I was laying in bed and my room started shaking. I think it lasted for 10 seconds. Just a small one can be scary. Also I think I heard one happening far away. I thought it was thunder at first but the rumbling sound lasted a little too long and my pets looked concerned. Nothing was shaking where I was so if it wasn't an earthquake, I don't know what it was.

• Heart 1

I've never been in an earthquake before. I even lived in California for 8 years and still never experienced one. 

Where I live now doesn't have them. It is close to a major fault line that they say if it ever does shift would have a ginormous earthquake. 

I live in New Zealand.  Earthquakes can be common. I Felt some big ones,  unless stuff is falling out to the floor they aren't too scary. Earthquake GIF

16 hours ago, Onision said:

I went through a few Earth quakes... in one, I was at home in Auburn, WA and everything started shaking, almost like a toddler shaking a snow globe. Stuff fell off the walls and everyone was weirded out.

But that was it, not too eventful.

Later on in life, when I was in High School, I had just gotten beaten up and my girlfriend was with me in the nurses office (nice lady) - anyway, the ground started moving up and down like we were on a boat in the ocean... it was quite a weird experience... the ground going liquid like that.

The Earth is pretty incredible.

Anyway, you ever felt an Earth quake before?

earthquake GIF

I know what you mean by the earthquake felt like a boat in the ocean. The way it goes up an down. I was in a hallway during a decent shake an you definitely see how the ground can move like that, it was like riding over huge waves in a storm. 

• 1 month later...