Youtube's Autoplay Feature

Izarallia

• Elites

Back a few years ago (2017/2018ish), I was pregnant and having a really hard time sleeping.  I started putting Uh Oh Bro on to listen to while I slept and it was pretty awesome. It kind of reminded me of falling asleep on a couch while listening to friends talking. Maybe I’m weird for finding that relaxing, but it was like the best thing ever. If I woke up in the middle of the night, I had someone I liked on the screen and would just watch it until I fell back asleep.   

Well, one day I wake up and this youtuber ‘Strange Aeons’ is playing and just completely talking smack about Onision (I think she may have been chopping up onions in one of them?).  Okay, whatever. There has been a community that doesn’t like him for a while.  I disliked the video, put Uh Oh Bro back on and tried to go back to sleep.  The next video to pop up was one of her videos, again. 

I had to get up, once again, and manually change it.  This happened so often that I tried to find a way to make it stop. I clicked “not interested”. I disliked videos. I even blocked her on Youtube and she is still blocked to this day, but that doesn’t stop videos from getting recommended.  It got to a point where eventually I couldn’t watch a video created by Onision without an Anti-O video popping up next. 

And that’s why I posted this in opinions. I think that is so stupid. How are you going to shove videos trashing on one of my favorite creators down my throat when I’m just trying to enjoy content? There is no way to distinguish between 'Here is a video from a creator I like' and 'Here is a h**e video from another creator about the creator I like'? Its ridiculous. 

On a side note, to this day, if I see Strange Aeons’s face I get big mad

53 minutes ago, Izarallia said:

Back a few years ago (2017/2018ish), I was pregnant and having a really hard time sleeping.  I started putting Uh Oh Bro on to listen to while I slept and it was pretty awesome. It kind of reminded me of falling asleep on a couch while listening to friends talking. Maybe I’m weird for finding that relaxing, but it was like the best thing ever. If I woke up in the middle of the night, I had someone I liked on the screen and would just watch it until I fell back asleep.   

Well, one day I wake up and this youtuber ‘Strange Aeons’ is playing and just completely talking smack about Onision (I think she may have been chopping up onions in one of them?).  Okay, whatever. There has been a community that doesn’t like him for a while.  I disliked the video, put Uh Oh Bro back on and tried to go back to sleep.  The next video to pop up was one of her videos, again. 

I had to get up, once again, and manually change it.  This happened so often that I tried to find a way to make it stop. I clicked “not interested”. I disliked videos. I even blocked her on Youtube and she is still blocked to this day, but that doesn’t stop videos from getting recommended.  It got to a point where eventually I couldn’t watch a video created by Onision without an Anti-O video popping up next. 

And that’s why I posted this in opinions. I think that is so stupid. How are you going to shove videos trashing on one of my favorite creators down my throat when I’m just trying to enjoy content? There is no way to distinguish between 'Here is a video from a creator I like' and 'Here is a h**e video from another creator about the creator I like'? Its ridiculous. 

On a side note, to this day, if I see Strange Aeons’s face I get big mad

You can make playlists on YouTube now. Make your own playlist of Onision videos and then play your own playlist. Make sure it's 8+ hours worth and you'll have a whole night covered. 😉

YouTube isn't the only thing that has dumb suggestions for the next autoplay feature. Netflix and other streaming apps also do the same thing and I wake up to the dumbest things on my TV that I would never watch.

• Heart 1