Should Teachers Be Paid More? (Pros & Cons)

Mr.Dawn

I have no idea how much a teacher usually makes. I do know that college level teachers / professors generally make more than elementary through highschool teachers. I suppose this is because it requires more education to teach at the higher levels. I feel that this a bit unfair considering teachers of younger aged k***s are contributing to c***d development. I would like to see more equality in pay across the board.

• 1 month later...

Should a career requiring an advanced degree providing an essential service pay well? 
why do we ask this of teachers? We pay nurses and other way less useful jobs way more. 

the pros are endless. The con is deep rooted misogyny surrounding the job and like 4 rich white guys don’t want to pay anyone anything for any work.

16 hours ago, Onision said:

I know a married couple, both teachers, they make six figures a year.

Where do they live. In California or New York that might not be impressive. Context is king

2 hours ago, Ghostie said:

We pay nurses and other way less useful jobs way more. 

More school = more pay (more often than not)

I feel it would be nice if most all jobs paid the same though - so people who worked them would actually care about it and not just the money.

36 minutes ago, Onision said:

More school = more pay (more often than not)

I feel it would be nice if most all jobs paid the same though - so people who worked them would actually care about it and not just the money.

Like a private school? 

I know college teachers make good money.